SLIP/PPP Configuration

Post by John Griff » Sat, 20 Aug 1994 03:09:49

I am about to switch from terminal-emulation internet access
to SLIP/PPP access. This means that I will need a whole host
(no pun intended) of programs that were provided for me in
the past... I am using a 486/50 with a 14.4 modem. Can anyone
recommend a reliable and easy to use/setup set of programs? I am pretty much
starting from scratch here. Thanks in advance.

                                                --John--

SLIP/PPP Configuration

Post by John Griff » Sat, 20 Aug 1994 03:16:52

like a newbie, I realised that I forgot to mention the operating system
that I will be using.... Windows 3.1 Sorry about that...

SLIP/PPP Configuration

Post by John Gallagh » Tue, 23 Aug 1994 07:51:27

NetManage of Cupertino, CA (408)-973-6405 has a whole suite of TCP/IP
programs for Microsoft Windows 3.1.  You can get more information from

from the book "Internet Unleased". and it works great.  The full progam
is about $400 list, but is discounted to $125 if you have (or claim to
have) the Sampler software when you order.

Good luck,
John

1. shell, ??, SLIP emulators, SLIP/PPP

What class of Internet connections do SlipKnot and I-Comm (any others?)
belong to?  Terminal with an attached graphical browser?
SuperShellSoftware?  Don't-have-to-load-TCP/IP--Hurrah!--
terminal-software-plus-graphical-browsers-for-use-with-shell-accounts?

I'm teaching a class, and would love to be able to produce some standard
referent for these two (wonderful) programs.  Thanks,
--

Arizona Health Sciences Library, The University of Arizona, Tucson AZ
http://amber.medlib.arizona.edu/homepage.html            520/626-2925

2. Sell your M$ stock

3. PPP/Slip on CEPC and PB3.0

4. Running soft with flexlm MAC based license under wine?

5. Setting up ppp/slip on a direct connection

6. Microsoft's schemes against their own customers

7. SLIP or PPP Dial Up Networking for Win for Workgroups?

8. Edit Saved Msg Folders.

9. SLIP /PPP

10. PPP/(C)SLIP using nullmodem cable

11. W95 SLIP/PPP connection stuck on connecting ...

12. Automated Internet for SLIP/PPP!

13. To PPP or to SLIP