MFC DAO Dist. File List? Help!

Post by Alirez » Fri, 13 Sep 1996 04:00:00

What files (runtime dlls)  would one need to distribute with MFC DAO
Application EXE?
I would appreciate your help.
Thanks
Alireza

1. HELP HELP HELP :DLL, DAO & MFC

I would like to create a MFC DLL that exports classes that will access the =
DAO objects.  I seems to be having a number of stumbling blocks and I'm =

wondering if anybody can give a hand.

1.  Created an extension DLL so that my derived ( CObject ) objects can be =
nicely imported by an executable, good so far.  Problem here is can't use D=
AO =

because it uses AFX derived objects and in the references it states that ex=
tension DLL's can used oject that directly or indirectly use AFX.

quote from the MSDN help

"An MFC extension DLL uses a shared version of MFC in the same way an appli=
cation uses the shared AFXDLL version of MFC, as described in the article =

DLLs: Using the Shared AFXDLL Version of MFC, with a few additional conside=
rations:
=B7     It does not have a CWinApp-derived object.
=B7     It calls AfxInitExtensionModule in its DllMain function. The return val=
ue of this function should be checked. If a zero value is returned from =

AfxInitExtensionModule, return 0 from your DllMain function.
=B7     It will create a CDynLinkLibrary object during initialization if the ex=
tension DLL wishes to export CRuntimeClass objects or resources to the =

application.
"
If I try to set up CWinApp object I can't get it to cleanup cleanly and end=
 up throwing an exception ( even with directly calling the ExitInstance() )=
=2E
  =

2. Ok so I figure then I will create a regular DLL and statically link in M=
FC.  Problem here is when I try to import the exported classes into the =

executable I get linking problems ( unresolved externals from the DLL ).

I have tried using the AFX_EXT_CLASS macro and I can get the classes to exp=
ort but I can't import into the executable.

Any ideas?  Any source somewhere to help get around this?  Or am I complete=
ly off base and it is not possible to be done this way ( which I can't beli=
eve =

)?

Thanks in advance =

        David Templeton

        voice  519.888.7111x301
        Open Text Corporation
        Waterloo, ON
        Canada

2. Roll log under nt

3. Software can't install because of DAO files (..\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\dao\)

4. Web link to EML file

5. DAO+MFC console application, zero records inspite of data in file

6. help!!!

7. Accessing Paradox Files (*.db) via MFC using DAO

8. Cannot get Sound up and running!

9. Help: DAO minus MFC?

10. Dist-Lists, how many characters per line???

11. HELP ME newbie, MFC DAO new application in VC 4.x - studio.zip (1/1)

12. HELP ME MFC DAO & VC4.x

13. Help: DAO in DLL (static link to MFC) causes Heap assert