PMMail98 to Eudora conversion?

Post by Tony Sande » Sun, 04 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Okay, so I made a mistake.  I switched from Eudora 3.x, because it is
such a memory hog, to PMMail98 ... the latter suited me but not the
other users of my system.

Sooo ... I have gone out and got and installed Eudora 4.1 ... but need
to retrieve all the PMMail98 mailboxes.  Has anyone got any clues as
to how to do this.  My understanding is that PMMail98 general format
is not unique (each folder a separate directory, single *.msg files
with and index, folder.bag).

Some help would be appreciated.

Tony Sanders
WELLINGTON
New Zealand/Aotearoa          ... absolutely, positively
                                           nuclear-free.

PMMail98 to Eudora conversion?

Post by Kevin Ha » Mon, 05 Apr 1999 05:00:00

I don't think it can be done because Eudora stores mail in standard Unix
format and PMMail 98 uses what I think is a proprietary format. I did
the same thing but I was back with Eudora within a month, PMMail 98 is a
nice program but very seriously lacking compared to Eudora 4.2...

Kevin.

says...

> Okay, so I made a mistake.  I switched from Eudora 3.x, because it is
> such a memory hog, to PMMail98 ... the latter suited me but not the
> other users of my system.

> Sooo ... I have gone out and got and installed Eudora 4.1 ... but need
> to retrieve all the PMMail98 mailboxes.  Has anyone got any clues as
> to how to do this.  My understanding is that PMMail98 general format
> is not unique (each folder a separate directory, single *.msg files
> with and index, folder.bag).

> Some help would be appreciated.

> Tony Sanders
> WELLINGTON
> New Zealand/Aotearoa          ... absolutely, positively
>                                            nuclear-free.

PMMail98 to Eudora conversion?

Post by Beak » Mon, 05 Apr 1999 05:00:00

you might try the http://www.cs2exchange.com site, I think that guy makes
other conversion apps.

> I don't think it can be done because Eudora stores mail in standard Unix
> format and PMMail 98 uses what I think is a proprietary format. I did
> the same thing but I was back with Eudora within a month, PMMail 98 is a
> nice program but very seriously lacking compared to Eudora 4.2...

> Kevin.

> says...
> > Okay, so I made a mistake.  I switched from Eudora 3.x, because it is
> > such a memory hog, to PMMail98 ... the latter suited me but not the
> > other users of my system.

> > Sooo ... I have gone out and got and installed Eudora 4.1 ... but need
> > to retrieve all the PMMail98 mailboxes.  Has anyone got any clues as
> > to how to do this.  My understanding is that PMMail98 general format
> > is not unique (each folder a separate directory, single *.msg files
> > with and index, folder.bag).

> > Some help would be appreciated.

> > Tony Sanders
> > WELLINGTON
> > New Zealand/Aotearoa          ... absolutely, positively
> >                                            nuclear-free.

1. eudora to outlook mailbox conversion

I currently use Eudora version 5.1 and am dissatisfied.
I want to move to Outlook Express, which is on my
computer, but I can't transfer my mailboxes from Eudora
to Outlook.  Thats the only problem, that I can't archive
outlook.  Any help is greatly appreciated!

2. No Sound while Capturing thru IEEE-1394

3. : Eudora tto Exchange mail conversion

4. FOUND.CHK.000

5. Conversion of WinTel PC Eudora to Linux Ximian Evolution (w attachments)

6. ATI Radeon 9200 128 video errors, infinite loops, drawing errors

7. pmmail98 problem

8. RH Linux 6.0 + NT (ntfs) + Win98/Prof2000 Multi Boot

9. old eudora mail --> eudora pro mail

10. Transferring Flies: Eudora Light 3.0 to Eudora 5.2

11. Pending expiration of Eudora 1.5.1 beta for Windows (Eudora Light)

12. CD Audio -> Wave-audio conversion, MID -> MOD conversion

13. *** eudora pro 2.1 ***