WAIS Server - Emwac WAIS Toolkit - help needed

WAIS Server - Emwac WAIS Toolkit - help needed

Post by spect.. » Fri, 14 Jul 1995 04:00:00

We are developing an Internet site on NT 3.5 and we have
some questions about the Emwac's Wais Toolkit (version 0.72):

1. How to index only part of a text file?
We tried to define the piece of text we want to index as the title (using
either the -t first_line and the -t html waisindex options) and then use the
-nocontents option. The problem is that the program don't accept all the piece
of text we want as the title (It cuts it). So, what can we do?

2. How to alter the max default number (40) of documents returned by the
waislook program?

3. Does anybody understand how the waislook program scores the documents
returned? We really need to know more than the manual explains.

4. Does anybody know how to handle substrings searches?

5. Does anybody know how to handle searches using only the boolean operator
'not' and a single word? The waislook program returns no matches for this.

Anyone with answers or comments, please send us a reply.

Thanks,
Fernando, Claudia and Geraldo
Spectrum Engenharia

1. How to get EMWAC WAIS server to work with EMWAC Web server

I've recently downloaded both the EMWAC WAIS and Web server. I've got the Web up and running but am
wondering how to make the WAIS server interface with the Web server. Does anyone have an example of
how this done?

Any help is appreciated

John Spilker

--
John Spilker
Resolution Business Press, Inc.

Publisher of "Internet for Parents" and "Teaching with the Internet"

2. folder not opening

3. EMWAC WAIS toolkit and IIS 2.0

4. Burning (?) folder..........

5. EMWAC Wais Server

6. Links that open new window doesn't work

7. HOWTO: Setting Up EMWAC WAIS Server?

8. Toolbars are gone???

9. EMWAC WAIS and Netscape Server

10. HOWTO: Setting Up EMWAC WAIS Server?

11. Help with EMWAC wais searches please

12. IIS ans WAIS (EMWAC or someone else...)

13. Any advice/software to implement html for EMWAC WAIS queries?