'open' and 'save' dialogue boxes

Post by Rhonda McDona » Tue, 28 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi everyone,

All of a sudden the file listings in my "Open" and "Save As..." boxes are in REVERSE
alphabetical order. Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

Thanks in advancd
Dave

'open' and 'save' dialogue boxes

Post by woodf.. » Wed, 29 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>All of a sudden the file listings in my "Open" and "Save As..." boxes are in REVERSE
>alphabetical order. Can anyone tell me how to correct this?

I'm not sure what application you are referring to.  If it is a
Microsoft Office 97 application you could try the following:

From the Open or Save As box, does the listing have a heading at the
top of the column called 'NAME'?  If so, you can click on NAME to sort
alphabetically. Click once to sort A-Z and click again to sort Z-A.

If the header NAME is not present you probably need to change the
view. From the Open or Save As box, click the 'Details' button (it
will say 'Details' if you hold the cursor over the button for a
moment). For Office 97 programs, the 'Details' button is the 4th one
from the right.  That should allow you to see column headers such as
NAME.

Many windows 9x programs seem to have similar Open and Save As dialog
boxes so it will probably still work.  Just make sure that you are in
'Details' view to get the NAME heading.  Good luck!

Andy
---------
Andy Molloy

Apple Computer Reading List - books covering the history of Apple
http://web.syr.edu/~awmolloy/applebks/index.html

1. IE6 does not offer 'open/save' dialog box on .exe files to download

(Apologies if this has been asked before.  Please point me to previous
posts if applicable.  I tried searching this newsgroup first, but there
are too many posts...)

My dad's PC has Win98SE and is currently at IE6 SP1.  Awhile back (when
he was still using IE 5.01), "something happened" (LOL) and the browser
stopped responding properly to download links for .exe files, such as
one like this:  http://www.cheetaa.com/lava/aaw.exe   The browser screen
goes white except for a very small multi-colored square -- a
graphic-looking little box -- in the upper left corner of the screen.

We upgraded to IE6 (public preview) at the time, and that did not solve
the problem.  Later, we upgraded to IE6 full release and still no joy.
Tonight we upgraded to IE6 SP1 and still no joy.

All other links work fine (.zip, .mid, etc.) -- the dialog box to open
or save is presented.  Right-clicking on the link with the .exe and
choosing "save target as" works fine too.

Why won't IE6 offer the open/save dialog box when clicking once on a
link to download an executable file?  Help or info is appreciated.
Thanks!

--
Sue Morton

2. Faulting mshtml.dll in IE on Win XP Home

3. No 'Advanced' option in 'File Types' dialog box

4. Needed- FLI/FLC to MPG converter !

5. The 'Save As' dialog box.

6. Computer turns itself on 15 minutes after I turn it off

7. I HATE the Win95 'Open File' Dialog Box !!!

8. PLEASE HELP!! WFW locks up with WD8003E - why?

9. Lost my 'date modified' column in Word open/save as dialog

10. How to change default 'sort by' in Open and Save dialogs?

11. Errors: 'Couldn't Open Com Port' & 'Com Port Already Open'

12. ERROR: 'Couldn't Open Com Port' & 'Com Port Already Open'

13. Don't get download dialogue box when I click 'download now'