Boot Manager for Win 95/Win NT etc..

Post by Doug Moo » Sat, 27 May 1995 04:00:00

Anybody know of a commercial "Boot Manager" that will let me manage
multiple OS's on my HD? Have Win95 now, plan to purchase NT 3.51 when
it is released. When the old tax refund check hits, gettting 1gig HD,
cd-rom and tape backup.

 Since have Win95, that will be my primary OS till NT 3.51 ships.
Mainly want NT 3.51 just for learning, not as my primary OS.  I know
that NT 3.5 does have a boot manager of sorts, but don't have the
"cash" to grab NT workstation for $200.00 + $$, if there is a
commercial "boot manager" product out there for much less $$$.

thanks...

Boot Manager for Win 95/Win NT etc..

Post by Barry A Ba » Sat, 27 May 1995 04:00:00

You don't need anything extra. NT's boot manager will let you boot to NT Or
dos. When you boot to dos, depending on how you set up win 95, you will
have the option to boot win95 or old dos.
I am doing this now. I just put NT and WIn 95 on seperate partitions, and
do not even know that this was necessary

Quote:>Anybody know of a commercial "Boot Manager" that will let me manage
>multiple OS's on my HD? Have Win95 now, plan to purchase NT 3.51 when
>it is released. When the old tax refund check hits, gettting 1gig HD,
>cd-rom and tape backup.
> Since have Win95, that will be my primary OS till NT 3.51 ships.
>Mainly want NT 3.51 just for learning, not as my primary OS.  I know
>that NT 3.5 does have a boot manager of sorts, but don't have the
>"cash" to grab NT workstation for $200.00 + $$, if there is a
>commercial "boot manager" product out there for much less $$$.
>thanks...

                      FTP: ftp.mcs.com//mcsnet.users/barry
              Home Page: http://www.mcs.net/~barry/home.html
  Tons Of Links Page: http://www.mcs.net/~barry/html/bookmark.html
   Windows 95 Help: http://www.mcs.com/~barry/html/wn95slip.html

1. Removing win 95 from dual boot Win 95/nt 4.0 box

Hi
 I have finally got NT 4.0 versions of all my Win 95 s/w. Now I want to
remove all trace of win 95 off my PC and have a pure NT 4.0 box.
Currently its a dual boot. On the C: drive I have Win 95 and have NT on the
D: drive. Physically they are one drive. The win 95 (FAT) can not see the
NTFS files.

Can I just use WINDISK to zap the WIN95 stuff and then format it NTFS ? Can
I then rename the whole drive to C: again and will NT put up with this ? Any
thoughts or experiences much appreciated.

TIA

Matt Milne

2. autorun from a folder?

3. win 95 remote boot with win nt 4.0 server

4. Can't change power options

5. Dual Boot -- Win NT and Win 95

6. IE6 and USB mouse problem

7. Win 95/3.x and Win NT 4.0 Dual Boot

8. Kernal32.dll

9. remote boot win nt 4.0 /win 95

10. Dual Booting Win 95 and Win NT 3.51

11. booting both win 95 and win NT

12. Win NT 4.0/Win 95 dual boot installation

13. Win 95, Win 98, Win NT Professional Features List