w2k active directory GPO active desktop image changing

w2k active directory GPO active desktop image changing

Post by JNor » Wed, 21 Aug 2002 05:45:48

Through a GPO affecting everyone, I have set the active desktop to
turned on, and have set the image. In this policy the settings are as
follows:

enable active desktop - enabled
disable active desktop - disabled
disable all items - enabled
prohibit changes - enabled
prohibit adding items - enabled
prohibit deleting items - enabled
prohibit editing items - enabled
prohibit closing items - enabled
add/delete items - disabled
active desktop wallpaper - enabled
allow only bitmapped wallpaper - enabled

Before, I had disabled the allow only bitmapped wallpaper, and was
using a jpg for the image. I read on a few posts that there seem to be
problems when using html or jpeg, so I am now using the same exact
logo except in bmp format.

What was happening, is that for some reason throughout the day, for no
apparent reason, the wallpaper was changing to a web page - the user's
home page. The wall paper itself was set to just the company logo. The
file is nto read only, it should not have been locked... and it would
just occur sporadically.  MS has nothing documented. I searched
newsgroups... to no avail.

1. No Active Directory Icon (cannot browse active directory)

I have created a share and published it to the active
directory as spelled out in several help documents.  I am
experiencing a problem with a XP Pro client machine with
Netbios disabled.  The client machine is part of the
Windows 2000 server domain and can log in sucessfully.  In
windows explorer the active directory icon does not show
up when double clicking on the "Entire Network" icon.  I
can do a search and find the shared folder in the active
directory so I believe everything is setup correctly.

Is this normal?  I would have thought that I would have
been able to browse published items to the active directoy
even when Netbios was disabled.

2. Routed network & WFW

3. access Active Directory users and computers(w2k server) remotely

4. Slow XP CD writing

5. importing LDIF files to W2K Active Directory

6. wxFileSelector

7. W2K Active Directory --- help ?

8. Request for Video Information

9. SERVER TESTING in W2K WITH ACTIVE DIRECTORY

10. w2k exchange / active directory problem

11. W2K Active Directory and CSVDE

12. browsing NT servers by W2k server (from Active Directory domain)

13. Active Directory/XP being prompted to change password