Upgrading windows95

Post by <diersbob.. » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

How or where do I need to go to upgrade my current version of windows95 from the default settings to extras? Ex: Screen savers, desktops, and multimedia.

Upgrading windows95

Post by You_Know_Who » Thu, 18 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Hi
There are several ways to upgrade win95.  Indeed, you can make it come very,
very close to win98.
One way, of course, is to go to the microsoft update page and the other
download pages which microsoft has (some links and suggestions on this are
on my web site).
the other is simply to install IE4 and IE5 which update the system.

--

You_know_who~
Computer help, software, cat stuff & Purgatory Chasm

Quote:> How or where do I need to go to upgrade my current version of windows95

from the default settings to extras? Ex: Screen savers, desktops, and
multimedia.
Quote:

> --

1. Upgraded, Upgrade, Upgrade and Upgrade

Hello,

Over the past 6 years I have upgraded 3 times.

I built my Own hot rod PC back in 1995.  I had installed WFW 3.11 on the
box.
In  1996 I purchases and installed Windows 95.
In  1998 I purchased a new computer (400MHZ)
I Ghosted my old hard disk to the new computer's hard disk.
I then purchased the Windows 98 "Upgrade Disk" From Microsoft.
I installed the "upgrade disk."  It required the Win95 "eligebility check".
In 2000 I bought the Widnows 98 to SE upgrade from Microsoft.
This disk did not let me do a clean install.  I had to upgrade from the 98
desktop.

Now after all that. Here is my question.

I need to know if anyone has done this 1st hand .  I contacted  the big guns
at MS support.
They do not seem to know the answer.  The support people did point me to the
page that lists
the "upgrade eligibility schemes".  This page does not say anything about
using the Windows 98 "upgrade disk" for the XP upgrade "eligibility check".
Will it work?

So  I'm looking for someone with 1st hand knowledge.

Will the XP upgrade disk be able to use my Windows 98 upgrade disk for it's
eligibility check?
Or,  Will we have to purchase the FULL version of XP.
Or,  Will we have to find a Windows 98 "full version cd" for XP to do the
eligibility check?
Again we still have our Windows 98 "upgrade" disk and Windows 98SE "upgrade
disks".

If you know of a Microsoft service bulletin with the answer written down.
Could you please pass the Q number along

I can go with the full version of XP or upgrade.  But it would be nice if I
could save $199.00 for a new hard disk or DVD drive.

Thank you for your help.

2. Intel Ham Data Fax Voice Modem

3. lost Disk 2 & 3 Windows95 Upgrade(how to replace?)

4. How do I format a CD-R Disc

5. Upgrades to Windows95

6. How do I uninstall Chameleon Sampler ???

7. Problem after upgrading from windows95 to 98

8. Post not being sent immediately

9. Installing windows95 over windows95

10. Upgrading from Win ME upgrade to Win XP Pro/Home upgrade

11. upgrade Win98 Upgrade to WinME Upgrade

12. Upgrade question, Win95, and upgrade media player

13. Can I upgrade IE outlook express 5.5 to 6.0 without upgrading IE