Can I install Windows-2000, which was downloaded and burned to CD-R, with no fear?

Can I install Windows-2000, which was downloaded and burned to CD-R, with no fear?

Post by Emil » Thu, 18 Oct 2001 18:07:05

Hi,

CD-R. I am going to install Windows 2000 using that CD-R but I am
affraid things go wrong because of the huge data transmissions which
were needed: downloading 400MB -> burning 400MB. Can I install that OS
with no fear ? ? ????? Are all the bits ok???
An OS is very important!!!

cheers,

P.S. Is this the right newsgroup to ask a question like this? If "no":
do we know a better one?

Post by Aaro » Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:15:40

> Hi,

> A friend of mine downloaded Windows-2000-Prof (around 400MB, using

> CD-R. I am going to install Windows 2000 using that CD-R but I am
> affraid things go wrong because of the huge data transmissions which
> were needed: downloading 400MB -> burning 400MB. Can I install that OS
> with no fear ? ? ????? Are all the bits ok???
> An OS is very important!!!

> cheers,

> P.S. Is this the right newsgroup to ask a question like this? If "no":
> do we know a better one?

  Only real way to find out is to givver a try. If it doesn't work
you'll know pretty early on. My 2000server is burned and it worked
fine. The burning software should do a check on the CD before and
after the burn. I believe you should be ok.

                           Aaron Gallagher
Customer Support Representative

CustomEhelp-The Customer Communications Company
Visit us at www.customehelp.com

Phone: 506-453-1119
Toll Free: 866-459-3230