Windows XP security test

Post by Jay W » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 06:26:25

saw this on nt bug traq...

apparently, microsoft wants people to try breaking the security on this
site:
http://www.windowsxptest.net

it's running windows xp beta 2 and internet connection firewall.  they ran a
similar test with windows 2000, but the site didn't make it.

Windows XP security test

Post by The Mystical Dlux » Fri, 20 Apr 2001 22:04:10

The logs on this site are pretty amusing.

One note, from what I understand of the 2000 site it DID 'make it'....  At
the end of the test (a month) there had been numerous ddos attacks on the
site but no OS level compromises.

Dluxe

Quote:> saw this on nt bug traq...

> apparently, microsoft wants people to try breaking the security on this
> site:
> http://www.windowsxptest.net

> it's running windows xp beta 2 and internet connection firewall.  they ran
> similar test with windows 2000, but the site didn't make it.

>  Create a new mailbox, or access your existing IMAP4 or
>  POP3 mailbox from anywhere with just a web browser.

Windows XP security test

Post by NTROO.. » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 12:58:23

Yep.. Microsoft uses us to do their work and offers no pay or
recognition.  Maybe we can wash Bill's car, too?  ;)

On Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:04:10 -0400, "The Mystical Dluxe"

>The logs on this site are pretty amusing.

>One note, from what I understand of the 2000 site it DID 'make it'....  At
>the end of the test (a month) there had been numerous ddos attacks on the
>site but no OS level compromises.

>Dluxe

>> saw this on nt bug traq...

>> apparently, microsoft wants people to try breaking the security on this
>> site:
>> http://www.windowsxptest.net

>> it's running windows xp beta 2 and internet connection firewall.  they ran
>> similar test with windows 2000, but the site didn't make it.

>>  Create a new mailbox, or access your existing IMAP4 or
>>  POP3 mailbox from anywhere with just a web browser.

Windows XP security test

Post by news.dartmouth.ed » Sat, 21 Apr 2001 21:32:09

*laughs*  Hey man, we do it for the LOVE, right?

Who said the Windows folks don't understand the open source movement.... we
just open source our gripes and whines. :)

Dluxe