Netscape bookmarks: transferring from net 2.0 to net 3.01

Post by Gary Crambli » Wed, 22 Jan 1997 04:00:00

>Ive  used the "import" feature in Netscape 2.0. You know
>go bookmarks/file/import. No problm.
>But in Netscape 3.01 Import doesn't. Import brings up the open file
>box. You select the file off your floppy and select open - but the
>file doesn't transfer.

Check out (free) Columbine Bookmark Merge
  http://www.clark.net/pub/garyc/

1. Netscape 3.01 and MS 3.01 against IIS 2.0, authentication problems w/MS 3.01

I have an IIs 2.x server set up using Challenge/Response
authentication.  I'm on the corporate side of a Proxy server that will
not allow Clear Text authentication.  Don't ask, I don't know why, or if
it is an issue.  Corporate bureaucratic ..blah..blah..

MS 3.01 (or any version I guess), when used with IIs 2.x, allows the use
of NT's actual Domain/Username account information to be used as the
authentication mechanism (apparently).  Here's what I mean;

I have Domain Controller "WEBMAIN" running IIs 2.x.  I connect using a
Win95 client logged into WEBMAIN as FRED.  FRED has access to
\\WEBMAIN\INETPUB\WWWROOT\STUFF (as defined through his account
rights).  With out adding any authentication changes vie the Webserver
admin utility, FRED can gain access to his 'stuff' with out having to
enter information in a Authentication dialog box.

However, if I use Netscape's 3.01 (or any version I guess) and try
access the webserver while logged in as FRED (as above), I get an
Authentication dialog box, requesting a Username and Password for
<unknown>.

I suspect this has something to do with Netscape's browser not knowing
how to use Microsoft's new fangled Domain/Username 'stuff' as defined
above.

Is this the case?

Is there a work around?

2. "clean install" when upgrading to Win98

3. Netscape 3.01 & Netscape Gold 3.01 Now Out

4. how does the overlay mixer doing frame reorder?

5. Net meeting 3.01 windows XP AOL Incoming Video

6. Upgrading windows95

7. Net Gold 3.01 GO Menu Bug

8. Programmatically double-clicking a ListView Item

9. HELP - Netscape 3.01, bookmarks, and stack fault

10. How do I import Netscape bookmarks to IE 3.01?

11. Netscape 3.01 Gold bookmark problem?

12. netscape gold 3.01 bookmark bug?

13. NetScape 3.01 & Mixed Bookmarks