WIN95 printing to Unix Print Server using TCP/IP.

Post by Norman H Samuelso » Sat, 09 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>Windows 95 -- I trying to route my print jobs to a Unix Print
>Server using TCP/IP.  I've tried the WLPRS40D shareware
>program but can't get it to work (jobs are displayed locally
>in the queue but not on the Print Server).  I think it's
>because a DNS is not defined.  I need a Windows 95 Line
>Printer Program (TCP/IP) that allows me to define a (DNS)
>Domain Name Server.  WLPRS40D does not have this capability.
>Can anyone help?  A reply would be appreciated.

Individual programs should not need to have their own
copy of the DNS server address.  That address should be
kept by the TCP/IP stack.  I use WLPRSPL with Win95 all
the time.  It works very well.

- Norm -

Samuelson Consulting               510-449-3048
Livermore, CA                      http://web.aimnet.com/~nhs/

Consulting services for Windows Internet users

1. WIN95 printing to Unix Print Server using TCP/IP.

An lalternative is to run Samba on the Unix box assuming you have a
C compiler on it. Samba lets a Unix box join a MS Workgroup (WfW3.11,
NT or Win95) and fits in nicely with the MS way.

I'm currently using it between a BSD/OS (BSD Unix) PC  and a Win95 pc.

Guy
-- ---------------------------------------------------------------------

4.4>5.4 4.4>5.4 4.4>5.4 The Reality Check's in the Post! 4.4>5.4 4.4>5.4

2. Telnet app. help

3. Print job UNIX to NT TCP/IP print server.

4. massive XP problems

5. tcp-ip print from Win95 to Unix

6. HP Officejet V40xi

7. Win95 printing to UNIX LPD daemon using TCP.

8. ctrl+alt+del keys...

9. Printing problems using MS TCP IP Print Services

10. LPD printing in Win95? (MicroSoft TCP/IP Printing)

11. TCP/IP printing, Linksys print server, keeping copies of sent jobs

12. Printcap entries to print to TCP/IP Print Server in NT4