How to protect a single file with a password in NT?

How to protect a single file with a password in NT?

Post by Sergio De Santi » Tue, 30 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi,
i'll like to protect a single file in windows NT with a password
for controlling the http access on some file on my Web Nt Server.

For visit my Web site www.archimede.interbusiness.it

Thanks in advantage

                           Sergio De Santis

1. Can Single Program be Password-Protected

Hi:
    I'm not sure if this is the right newsgroup to ask this question.
If not, can someone suggest a different newsgroup.
     I just gave a newsgroup reader program to a friend.  She has it
working, but she wants to "protect it" so that other persons in her
family cannot access it, even offline.
     She as windows 98.  Does win98 offer any kind of password
protection to prevent a single program .exe from being opened?
If not, is there any kind of utility that will do so.
     She wants her whole desktop available to other family members.
She just wants this one program protected.
     Thanks for any info/help.

2. It Won't Stream

3. Multiple plug-ins for a single data type?

4. Question about resolution

5. NT<>MVS Single Signon or Password Synchronization

6. Windows File Lost: iun6002.exe

7. Encoding a single file and appending in a single session

8. Partition Magic can't resize my "C" disk

9. Access to password protected sites does not ask for password?

10. password for single file folders

11. Password protecting web pages on an NT Web Server

12. Accessing Password Protected Web Pages using MS Internet Explorer 3.02 on Windows NT System

13. Protecting web pages via username/password challenge on NT with IIS