making phone calls from PC and Netmeeting

making phone calls from PC and Netmeeting

Post by Erik » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 02:48:36

I have Soundblaster Live Value II sound card.  Since Day 1
I've had problems.  I can play DVD's and CD's - no
problem.  WMP sounds delightful.  However, I would like to
make phone calls from the PC using my Mike and Speakers.
I don't seem to be able to get them to work properly.
I Have SoundBlaster Live ValueII. I did some
troubleshooting and got this from Microsoft Help, I
checked the System.ini file and the "midi=mmsystem.dll and
wave=mmsystem.dll" files were there.

I can record my voice, as I did the test, but I have to
shout.  What am I doing wrong?

making phone calls from PC and Netmeeting

Post by Cody » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 03:13:22

When you double click on the speaker icon next to your clock, is your mic
checked as silent with the volume all the way down? If not, it should be,
for PC to phone, etc.

Cody

P.S. IMHO, Eyeball Chat is much better than Netmeeting

Quote:> I have Soundblaster Live Value II sound card.  Since Day 1
> I've had problems.  I can play DVD's and CD's - no
> problem.  WMP sounds delightful.  However, I would like to
> make phone calls from the PC using my Mike and Speakers.
> I don't seem to be able to get them to work properly.
> I Have SoundBlaster Live ValueII. I did some
> troubleshooting and got this from Microsoft Help, I
> checked the System.ini file and the "midi=mmsystem.dll and
> wave=mmsystem.dll" files were there.

> I can record my voice, as I did the test, but I have to
> shout.  What am I doing wrong?

making phone calls from PC and Netmeeting

Post by Erik » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 07:52:30

Thanks, Cody.  I'll try that

> [...]

Post by Cody » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 08:13:46

Let me know if it works.

Cody
"Erika" < wrote

Quote:> Thanks, Cody.  I'll try that