Big Problems

Post by FriarCr » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 06:09:19

Hello.  I have a very big problem.  I recently reformatted the hard drive in a
homebuilt PC.  I had done it before, so I figured no problem.  However,
something went way wrong (operator error, I'm sure), & I can't get Win95 to
reload.  The computer isn't recognizing the CD-ROM drive.  The video display is
screwed up also.  It doesn't show all of the information that should be on the
screen.  Can anyone help with a complete sequence list of what I should be
doing?  Any thoughts on the video issue?  I've been away from computers for a
while, & I never was a whiz, so layman terms would be appreciated.  Also, if
there's a better place to post this, please let me know.  Thanks in advance.

Big Problems

Post by phil » Thu, 14 Sep 2000 17:56:37

you will need a boot floppy with cd support...
if yours has gotten corrupted just get one from

www.bootdisk.com

Philo

Big Problems

Post by Warren Straszhei » Fri, 15 Sep 2000 04:00:00

You will need to boot from a floppy that has drivers on it for the
CD-ROM. I usually keep a Win98 boot disk around just for that purpose.

You aren't real clear on what your display problem is. Older monitors
need adjustments for the different screen modes. DOS runs in 640x480
plain-ole VGA mode. Windows might have been configured to run more
pixels. I would look around the monitor for scan adjustments. Tell us
the monitor model and we might be able to get specific.

WS

> Hello.  I have a very big problem.  I recently reformatted the hard drive in a
> homebuilt PC.  I had done it before, so I figured no problem.  However,
> something went way wrong (operator error, I'm sure), & I can't get Win95 to
> reload.  The computer isn't recognizing the CD-ROM drive.  The video display is
> screwed up also.  It doesn't show all of the information that should be on the
> screen.  Can anyone help with a complete sequence list of what I should be
> doing?  Any thoughts on the video issue?  I've been away from computers for a
> while, & I never was a whiz, so layman terms would be appreciated.  Also, if
> there's a better place to post this, please let me know.  Thanks in advance.

1. BIG BIG PROBLEM

Hi All,

My pc is window xp, I dont know why when I open the "wmv" file on my
receiving e-mail, the Window Media Player cant open it and have a error code
"Error#  C00D2EEE "! Anyone know what is the problem and how to fix this
problem???? It is my BIG BIG problem........! Please help me!!!

Cat Cat !!

2. DAO class tutorial??

3. BIG BIG Problems with XP pro

4. Explorer causes error in KERNEL32.DLL

5. BIG BIG problem with CD drives, code 19

6. Adaptec Easy Cd Creator Plug-in doesn't work

7. AA BIG BIG problem with NETWORK in XPe

8. keyboard (microsoft Office)

9. Big BIG problem with security or running programs

10. Big, Big Problem with Word and Win95!!!

11. HELP!!BIG PROBLEM - BIG HURRY!!

12. downlding problems, Big problems!

13. Windows Problem, BIG PROBLEM!!!