win2k and win95

Post by Franklyn van der Toor » Sun, 26 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I installed win2k a couple of days ago, but now wanna get it of me computer
so I can install win95 next to win98.

but how do I do this? I formatted to partition on which win2k was on. It is
a hd divided into 2 patitions. The partition on which w2k was on was ntfs.
But when I finished formating and tried to install win95 I got any error
message from setup saying something about ntfs.

What must I do to install win95 on the old win2k partition?

Another problem is the bootmanager that comes with 2000. How do I get rid of
that one? I tried fdisk /mbr (works with losing lilo for unix). But it gave
an error saying that the it was protected.

Who can help?

[...]

1. Moving OE from Win95 to Win2K

I need to move the mail from OE on a Windows 95 box to OE on a Windows
2K box. The tool that I always use when moving is Outlook Express Backup
from Genie Soft. It does a wonderful job restoring everything except
passwords. Unfortunately, it does not work with Windows 95. So, what is
the best way to move the messages?

2. accessing remote desktop on private IP

3. Win95 seeing Win2k

4. Printing Bookmarks

5. Win95 emulator for Win2K

6. Ie shutsdown

7. Win2K SP2 + DirectX 8.0a = Win2K Boot BSOD

8. USB Port shorted out

9. Print from IE on WinXP to printer on Win2K system causes Win2k system to reboot

10. Slipstreaming Win2K SP3 into Win2K install...

11. ICS Problem mit Win2k Prof. und Win2k-server

12. Connect Win2k pro to Win2k Server

13. Win2K Server now adding Win2K clients