Help with WIN 3.xx and Trumpet winsock

Post by TheWick » Sat, 09 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I am trying to get a friend connected to the internet.  He is running
WFWG and trumpet winsock.  He called the same ISP I use and they sent
him some software and he instaled it.  Because I use 95, I am not
familiar with how 3.11 connects.  He at first was unable to connect,
but a few calls to tech suppport and he was on the net.  Now the
problem:  After about 5 to ten minutes, netscape wont load any more
pages.  At the bottom it says looking up host and comes back with
error message that says cannot locate because it doesnt have a DNS
entry.  Swithcing to another browser yields same error.  However,
disconnecting and reconnecting reset the problem and he is able to
surf for up to ten minutes.  The time varies.  Sometimes less than
three mintes and it quits.  He is running on a 486-33 with 8 megs of
ram, 14.4 US robotics internal(older model)  Netscape 3.0, etc, etc.
Any help you can give is really appreciated......

Please email me directly.

Jeremy Wood
Wicked Designs Ltd.

Fax- (619)721.3657

The reply to address has been changed to foil automatic remailers.

1. Help with WIN 3.xx and Trumpet winsock

[...]

P.S.  Will that tcpip32b.exe program help him??

2. Apple's "Give your dreams a chance" contest

3. <VirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx>

4. Color Quality

5. HELP: 32 bit Winsock apps using Trumpet Winsock in Win95

6. How do you become a "expert" at Microsofts Expert Zone?

7. NNTP-Posting-Host: XX.XX.XXX.XX (Can it be removed from Message Source?)

8. xp freezes

9. trumpet winsock setup, help! help!

10. Netscape 3.0 & Trumpet Winsock won't talk to each other

11. WIN 3.1 + Netware 3.11 + Trumpet Winsock?

12. Trumpet Winsock problem in Win 3.11

13. searching Trumpet Winsock for Win 95