windows startup

Post by Mann » Sun, 11 Nov 2001 04:28:55

How do you determine what starts when windows starts up? How can you
change it? I have notice that some stuff starts automatically when
windows starts up. All the stuff that starts automatically goes right
next to the clock. Any ideas, info, etc... would be greatly
appreciated.

windows startup

Post by Jo » Sun, 11 Nov 2001 11:00:35

> How do you determine what starts when windows starts up? How can you
> change it? I have notice that some stuff starts automatically when
> windows starts up. All the stuff that starts automatically goes right
> next to the clock. Any ideas, info, etc... would be greatly
> appreciated.

First check the start up folder in: START>>>>PROGRAMS>>>>START
UP.......delete what you don't want running.

check START>>>>RUN>>>>>>>MSCONFIG>>>>>>START UP........ clear any
check boxes of programs you do not want

If there are still programs, note which ones they are and ope them, i
their options or preferences folder uncheck run at start up.

windows startup

Post by Kell » Sun, 11 Nov 2001 14:36:06

Hi Manny,

Check here:

Start/Run/Programs/Startup Folder
Start/Run/Msconfig
Start/Run/Msinfo32/Software Environment/Running Tasks & Startup....

For all installed software:

Start/Run/Regedit
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

The Belarc Advisor builds a detailed profile of your installed software and
hardware. http://www.belarc.com/Download.html

To Clear Startup Programs and Programs that load in the system tray:
http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/start.htm
--
Regards,
Kelly

Windows Troubleshooting & Support
http://www.kellys-korner.com

Quote:> How do you determine what starts when windows starts up? How can you
> change it? I have notice that some stuff starts automatically when
> windows starts up. All the stuff that starts automatically goes right
> next to the clock. Any ideas, info, etc... would be greatly
> appreciated.

1. Annoying IE4 Window on Windows Startup

I have seen this question posted in various forums but
never answered! When I start Windows 98SE, which has IE6
installed, I get a fixed-size browser window with no menu
bar or toolbars trying to
display "res://ie4tour.dll/welcome.htm" and then yielding
a "file not found" page. How do I get rid of this? I can't
find the offending process in the Registry or anywhere
else I've tried to search.

2. making no icons on the desktop

3. Getting rid of network window that opens on Windows start-up

4. DVD/CD drives aren't recognized...

5. Starting Encoder aoutomatically at Windows Startup

6. Differences between Windows 95 and NT

7. windows startup

8. how to turn off all background programs

9. Windows startup CD-ROM?

10. How to stop IE6 starting on Windows startup?

11. IE6 in windows startup

12. I E 6 opens window @ start-up

13. Windows startup disk