Using WinNT/98/95, getting rid of old Netware, need help

Using WinNT/98/95, getting rid of old Netware, need help

Post by Deyem » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

  We still have a few DOS machines.  The only way for them to share files is
to deposit the files on the Netware server.  We can't load Win on these
machines becase of some of the software we're using (Mag tape software,
among others).

  The Netware server buys it- it's toast.  Now, is there any way I can get
the DOS computers to share files with the WinNT/98/95 Peer-to-peer network?
TCP/IP maybe?  Even being able to just deposit or grab files would be fine.

Thanks.

-Travis

DMAS

Using WinNT/98/95, getting rid of old Netware, need help

Post by bb » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Deyeme
You may need to locate the installation disks for your network cards (NDIS
drivers).

You will need an NT server to create the disks.
http://www.microsoft.com/TechNet/msdos/technote/dosnet.asp

Steve
Security policies for IE 5
http://www.secure2surf.com

  We still have a few DOS machines.  The only way for them to share files is
to deposit the files on the Netware server.  We can't load Win on these
machines becase of some of the software we're using (Mag tape software,
among others).

  The Netware server buys it- it's toast.  Now, is there any way I can get
the DOS computers to share files with the WinNT/98/95 Peer-to-peer network?
TCP/IP maybe?  Even being able to just deposit or grab files would be fine.

Thanks.

-Travis

DMAS

1. Getting rid of backup files from 95 to 98 install

I finally had the guts and the time to upgrade to Windows 98( Version 2) from
Windows 95 OEM(Rel. 2) on my Packard Bell computer It has been very stable for about
two weeks so I thought i would like  to get rid of the  backup files that would
enable me to get back to   Win95.. I used the Remove Software feature of Win 98 to
get rid of un-install 98, but I am still left wit a directory full of backup stuff.
Is it safe to delete this directory? Are there any safty tips I need to know about
this process?

Harold A. Climer
Lab Instructor
Dept.Of Physics & Astronomy
U. Tennessee at Chattanooga

2. Outlook Express Inbox emails gone HELP!!

3. getting winNT and getting rid of win95 or keep them both

4. Blocking Pop-Up Windows

5. Help getting the old MS-DOS command tree.com to work under Windows 98!?!?

6. iKernel.exe error

7. Help getting the old MS-DOS command tree.com to work in Windows 98!?!?

8. Master Volume of the Mixer Device

9. Help needed on Windows 98-- can not get rid of Booting Windows for first time message

10. REQ: Looking for WINNT/98/95 CBT's for MCSE

11. Where do I go about finding the active directory add-on for WinNT/98/95?

12. DiskState v1.00 (WinNT/98/95)

13. MFC CDC/CRgn/CRect support for WinNT/2k/98/95 - Is there any difference behaviour?