Help!! Help!! Strange Problem Installing TCP/IP

Help!! Help!! Strange Problem Installing TCP/IP

Post by Sang » Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

        I am really scratching my head on this one. Basically I am
trying to get my dial up internet service set up.   I am trying to
install tcp/ip protocol by going into Control Panel, Network and
Protocols and Add.  When it ask for a CD, I insert the Original
Windows NT CD into the drive and the first file it wants to copy is
telnet.com.  Everything started to turn bad from there,  I pointed the
program to the right directory to copy those files but the program
just did nothing but hang.  The only thing I can do to stop the hang
is to eject the CD.  OK, I though the CD is bad and borrow another
Original from work, but the same thing happened.  I even copied all
the files to hard drive it still won't read the first Telnet.exe.

Please help me out,  any help is greatly appreciated.

Sang Ku

1. Help!! Help!! Strange Problem Installing TCP/IP

Hi,

        I am really scratching my head on this one. Basically I am
trying to get my dial up internet service set up.   I am trying to
install tcp/ip protocol by going into Control Panel, Network and
Protocols and Add.  When it ask for a CD, I insert the Original
Windows NT CD into the drive and the first file it wants to copy is
telnet.com.  Everything started to turn bad from there,  I pointed the
program to the right directory to copy those files but the program
just did nothing but hang.  The only thing I can do to stop the hang
is to eject the CD.  OK, I though the CD is bad and borrow another
Original from work, but the same thing happened.  I even copied all
the files to hard drive it still won't read the first Telnet.exe.

Please help me out,  any help is greatly appreciated.

Sang Ku

2. Porting CE

3. Need HELP with strange TCP/IP Winsock problem!

4. Text to Speech Conversion on the Mac

5. HELP: WfW and DOS-TCP/IP vs. WinSocket-TCP/IP

6. Messenger Question - 5.0 back to 4.7

7. Problems installing TCP/IP on NT Server 4 - Please Help

8. Help me

9. Keep having to remove tcp/ip and then reboot and install tcp/ip

10. HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!HELP!

11. Help: Unusual Win'95/Unix box/WINS problem/TCP-IP problem

12. I cannot install MS TCP/IP ? Help Please .

13. Help install TCP/IP only on Win95 please