Error: Entry Point not Found -- MPR.DLL

Post by Peter Gustafss » Thu, 14 Aug 1997 04:00:00

>Does anyone know what the error: "entry point not found" means?  Several
>apps give this error, complaining about the NumCachedPasswords can not
>be found in MPR.DLL.  I copied the MPR.DLL file from another PC that
>does not get this error, but it didn't help.
>thanks
>John
> John M. Duska                  |  Senior Systems Analyst

> http://www.pitt.edu/~pauj4m    |  University of Pittsburgh

Hello!

This may sound strange to You, but we live in a strange world don't
we...?

Anyway, I have had this happen to me after I have installed Corel Draw
7 and I get this error message from several apps as well...

The trick is not to replace mpr.dll but replace MAPI.DLL it seems like
Corel installs a Win95 version of this file, after I replaced MAPI.DLL
the problem went away.... I told You it was strange....

Good luck!
Peter

---
Peter Gustafsson
Eskilstuna, Sweden

http://home2.swipnet.se/~w-29071
ICQ: 1627291

Error: Entry Point not Found -- MPR.DLL

Post by J. David Bry » Thu, 14 Aug 1997 04:00:00

On Mon, 11 Aug 1997 13:02:59 -0400 in article

>Does anyone know what the error: "entry point not found" means?  Several
>apps give this error, complaining about the NumCachedPasswords can not
>be found in MPR.DLL.

If the entry point referenced was "WNetEnumCachedPasswords", then the problem
is that somewhere you either have a Win95 version of a system DLL instead of
the NT version, or the system is finding a Win95 DLL in your PATH before the
corresponding NT version (if you have Win95 and NT on the same system).

The entry point "WNetEnumCachedPasswords" is in the Win95 version of MPR.DLL,
but not the NT version.  What may have happened is that the installer for some
application overwrote an NT system DLL with a Win95 system DLL.  Some
application installers do not properly check for the OS under which they are
running and will install the wrong DLL.

You could check your \WINNT\SYSTEM32 directory and examine the DLLs there to
ensure that the date on the DLLs generally agree with each other (all of the
system DLLs for a particular version and service pack will have the same date
stamp, i.e., if you have SP3, you'll see a group of DLLs with dates
corresponding to the original version, another group with dates corresponding
to those files updated in SP1, another for SP2, and another for SP3).  If you
have an oddball DLL, it may be the culprit.
--
                                        -- Dave Bryan

1. Entry Point Not Found -- MPR.DLL

HELP!!!

I just finished a complete re-install of WinNT Workstation 4.0.  The last
application I tried to install was the Windows NT fax driver (from
Microsoft).  Upon execution of the install program I get the following
error, which appears in a dialoge box:

faxsetup.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point WNetEnumCachedPasswords could not be located in
the dynamic link library MPR.dll

I then proceeded to install the NT service packs.  I noticed that service
pack 2 contains this file.  After the install of the service pack, I get
the same error.  mpr.dll is now dated with the service pack revision.  I
also get the error when opening a new document in Adobe Photoshop.

ANY IDEAS!?!?!??!?!

Please reply via e-mail, as I don't normally get this news feed.

Thanks!
Chris Nolan
http://sbaeweb.fullerton.edu

2. RealAudio won't install to Atlas 'cause 16bit Netscape around - Solution

3. Cannot find entry point in MPR.DLL

4. Port led's flash when computer is off

5. " lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c

6. Looking for Winsock Telnet sources

7. Entry Point not found.......WDENGINE.dll???

8. Dowloading Moviemaker 2.0

9. Shell32.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found

10. Entry Point Not found msvcrt.dll

11. Entry Point Not Found, Missing .dll

12. Run-time error '453' Can't find DLL entry point

13. DLL problems under emulator - 'entry point not found'