Taskbar Disappears

Post by mailhost.egr.msu.ed » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

This is the second time this happens.  When I try to change the settings
on the display, the taskbar disappears.   It does not hide!  I traced
with the mouse all the edgs of the desktop, but it is nowhere.

Interestingly, when I minimize a window, it seems to go where the
taskbar should be hidden, but I cannot restore it (or the taskbar).

Last time I had to re-install NT4.0 to restore it, but this does not
seem reasonable.

Any suggenstions?

E.G.Strangas

Taskbar Disappears

Post by Ales Musta » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Have you tried hot keys such as Ctrl + Esc to show the taskbar?

A.

--
Ales Mustar

Remove one "i" from the email address in word ziig to email me.

>This is the second time this happens.  When I try to change the settings
>on the display, the taskbar disappears.   It does not hide!  I traced
>with the mouse all the edgs of the desktop, but it is nowhere.

>Interestingly, when I minimize a window, it seems to go where the
>taskbar should be hidden, but I cannot restore it (or the taskbar).

>Last time I had to re-install NT4.0 to restore it, but this does not
>seem reasonable.

>Any suggenstions?

>E.G.Strangas

Taskbar Disappears

Post by James Wol » Fri, 18 Sep 1998 04:00:00

It sounds as if the taskbar has been resized. Drag your mouse slowly at the
bottom of the screen, or where it usually is set. Look for a double arrowed
pointer, when (if) you see it click and drag upwards. The taskbar should
reappear.

>This is the second time this happens.  When I try to change the settings
>on the display, the taskbar disappears.   It does not hide!  I traced
>with the mouse all the edgs of the desktop, but it is nowhere.

>Interestingly, when I minimize a window, it seems to go where the
>taskbar should be hidden, but I cannot restore it (or the taskbar).

>Last time I had to re-install NT4.0 to restore it, but this does not
>seem reasonable.

>Any suggenstions?

>E.G.Strangas

1. taskbar disappears - program buttons disappear

When no other toolbars are open (i.e. wuick launch,
language bar, etc) toolbar is gone. it is not minimized
or hiding. if i hit the start menu buttoin on the
keyboard, it comes out of the upper left-hand corner (my
taskbar is usually on the bottom). Finally, if i do turn
on the quick lanch toolbar, the taskbar reappears, but it
is all the quick launch bar - still, no running program
buttons. the start button and clock still show, however.
weird. anyway - PLEASE HELP!!!

2. Multiple users terminal access

3. Taskbar disappears after upgrading to IE6

4. Dial-Up Connection Window

5. WinXP style buttons and taskbar disappeared --reset XP Appearance settings

6. Defaut Mail Client

7. Office shortcut taskbar disappeared

8. MSVC4.1 : Anyone had this problem?

9. Taskbar disappear (XP Home)

10. Icons & Taskbar disappearing??

11. Taskbar disappeared

12. Taskbar disappears when closing My Documents folder

13. Taskbar disappears at each re-boot