the uselessness of NT telnet

Post by Kevin C Wel » Thu, 05 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Seriously.

I must have my paths improperly configured or a very skimpy rsmlogin.cmd
file, because there's not much I can do with the nt resource kit telnetd.
I can use a few gnu utilities that are in the posix/ directory and copy,
delete and even do a "more <file", but that's about it.

I can't seem to run any other programs from telnet...I'm talking about
regular CMD applications like "edit", "vi", "emacs" or "elm". Does it
take that long to load these applications? It seems like telnet hangs and
then you either have to do ^] to escape or hang the computer.

Thoughts?

 --
~kcw

[kevin c welch | pulmonary imaging center | uphs | icq 8680662]
[phone: 349-8980]

1. FindFirstChangeNotification and Uselessness

I'm writing an explorer-like file interface for use in a
program I'm writing. It needs to know when files in
a directory have been updated. I can do this using
FindFirstChangeNotification, but I see know way how
I can determine exactly what change occured. Is
there any way to determine what was changed sort
of comparing the current state of the directory contents
to what my program currently knows?

Please forward any comments to the address below.

thank you,
Cable Hicks

2. Warning Message on ActiveX??

3. Telnet: is there a way of editing JOT files using telnet on a win95 system.

4. Imbedded Web Sites

5. NT FAQ NT FAQ NT FAQ NT FAQ NT FAQ NT FAQ NT FAQ

6. IE6 opens exactly half screen when clicking hyperlink

7. Windows Programmer FAQ: How to get it

8. Telnet server for NT server?

9. Console Telnet of NT??

10. Telnet daemon for NT

11. Telnet server for NT