WINGATE 3.0 & Socket errors

Post by CHB » Wed, 23 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi there,

problem: often I get the message SOCKET ERROR, can't connect to server....
Solution: close all active internet apps and start all over....

This is no good, so if anybody can tell me more about it, I would be very
pleased...

greetingz,

huize ameland!

WINGATE 3.0 & Socket errors

Post by Nic Skit » Thu, 24 Jun 1999 04:00:00

The only experience I have had with this error is if you are running more
concurrent connections than your licence permits

Quote:> Hi there,

> problem: often I get the message SOCKET ERROR, can't connect to server....
> Solution: close all active internet apps and start all over....

> This is no good, so if anybody can tell me more about it, I would be very
> pleased...

> greetingz,

> huize ameland!

1. Wingate 3.0 Socket Error

We have installed Wingate 3.0.  Each of the clients is using IE4.

Often an error message is received "Socket Error" followed by being unable
to connect to the server.  The only way to reconnect is to close IE4 and and
restart.

I have heard of a kernal update patch (?) but am unable to find any more
details.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Andrew Reilly

2. Sony DSC-P30

3. socket error + wingate

4. Help-256 colours VGA

5. wingate socket error

6. Outlook express emails do not stay in bold type

7. WinGate 3.0 error - ISP access denied for client

8. Solution to all Windows problems (present and future)

9. Socket Error 10053 & Error # 0x800cccOF

10. Wingate and the "sockets leakeage"

11. Socket error - Could not start socket listening - please help

12. Installing Wingate 3.0 and NTMail to work together

13. anyone know how to set up wingate 3.0 pro ?