Autostart cd's dont autostart anymore

Post by CARBU » Tue, 30 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Hello, My problem is that my autostart cds dont auto start anymore. Ive checked
the property tabs for both of my drives and auto insert notification is checked
on both. Is this the proper setting for this or is there some other place to
reactivate this feature. I dont know why it went away in the first place,
possibly little hands at work. Unfortunately the little one (4 year old) doesnt
remember where shes been or whats shes done when I catch her messing with the
'puter(as she calls it). Thanks.
George

Autostart cd's dont autostart anymore

Post by CARBU » Tue, 30 Jun 1998 04:00:00

Forgot one detail. When I insert an autostart cd, the drive spins like crazy,
and I get an hourglass for a second and then nothing. Its like it wants to
autostart but something is shutting it down. This doesnt happen with the auto
insert box unchecked. Any other settings that could be causing the problem?
George