Win95 & SB16 Multi-CD + Teac CD-55A

Post by Russell Stewa » Thu, 20 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I'm running a Teac CD-55A off of the Panasonic interface on a
Sound Blaster 16 Multi-CD, and Win95 refuses to recognize it.
I have it on I/O address 240 (which is the same as the sound
card, of course), and I tried installing it as a regular Panasonic
CD-ROM controller, but Windows refused to accept that address.
Has anyone gotten this configuration to work with Win95? Am I
stuck without a CD-ROM drive until Teac or Creative Labs writes
a driver?

--
 /~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~/|
/_____________________________________________________________/ |

|__________________|___________________|______________________|/
Do you realize that 5 out of 4 Americans don't even understand
basic arithmetic?

Post by Mik » Sat, 22 Apr 1995 04:00:00

: I'm running a Teac CD-55A off of the Panasonic interface on a
: Sound Blaster 16 Multi-CD, and Win95 refuses to recognize it.
: I have it on I/O address 240 (which is the same as the sound
: card, of course), and I tried installing it as a regular Panasonic
: CD-ROM controller, but Windows refused to accept that address.
: Has anyone gotten this configuration to work with Win95? Am I
: stuck without a CD-ROM drive until Teac or Creative Labs writes
: a driver?

I have a Reveal sound card and 2x CD-ROM drive.  Win95 recognized the CD
drive, but did not show it in the device manager.  It recognized my sound
card a a Creative Labs soundblaster and added its own emulation that
caused a weird crash when.  I removed its recognition of my sound card
and installed a mp-401 compatible (or whatever it is) sound card found
under "microsoft" drivers.  After it was installed, I went to the driver
tab under the device manager and put in the path for my original sound
card's software which was installed on my hard disk.  I haven't had a
chance to fully test it, but the sound and CD-ROM work, but the device
manager does not show the existence of either now that they are working.
I will try to reinstall them so maybe they will be 'fully' recognized,
but in the meanwhile, I can live with their just working, even though
they don't appear to be there.

Anyone had a similar problem?  fixes?

Michael Kruse

1. TEAC CD-55A CD-ROM Drive

Hi fellow surfers,

I need some advice on the TEAC CD-55A CD-ROM Drive on the following:

        (a) Does this drive supports MPEG or CD-I standard?
        (b) Heard that there are some problems with this drive,
            What are they?
        (c) Do I really need a MPEG card to play MPEG Movies?
            Can I use MPEG software drivers like Xingit! MPEG Player to
            play MPEG Movies instead?
        (d) I've seen another TEAC CD-ROM drive that goes by the model of
            T55A, is this similar to CD-55A that I am talking about?

Thanks in advance, any advice would be appreciated by me. Thanks
again.

               \|/
             [0] [0]
----------ooooO) (Ooooo----------
| DARK ANGEL             | (\/) |

|                        |  \/  |
---------------------------------
          ooooO   Ooooo
     ----------------------

2. Outlook and Explorer losing connection

3. Reading multi session cd-r using teac 55a and win 95b

4. How do I remove unneeded services?

5. teac 55a quad cd for win95

6. NS 4.x: help with X-UUENCODED binary files, newsreader

7. Looking for TEAC CD-55A driver for NT 3.5

8. Problem with text in windows

9. TEAC CD-55A CDROM and NT 4.0

10. New Beta Driver for Teac CD-55A

11. TEAC CD-55a driver for NT 4?

12. Final beta driver for TEAC CD-55A available

13. Misplaced SB16 and Teac CD-55-A installation disks