Log of phone calls / "ATDT 911" instead of "ATDT ###".

Log of phone calls / "ATDT 911" instead of "ATDT ###".

Post by Raymond Penner » Wed, 19 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

Is it possible to log phone calls to a file (on W95)?  Ideally, I want
to keep a (detailed) log of each call made when getting on the
internet.

I did activate "Record a log file" (in the advanced connection
settings). Now, a "ModemLog.txt" file is created, but it contains
insufficient information, as the phone number not logged:

02-18-1997 19:08:01.42 - Dialing.
02-18-1997 19:08:01.42 - Send: ATDT##########<cr>

Also, it isn't quite clear what program was used to make the
connection. For example, I also use a terminal to dial bulletin
boards. The terminal already maintains a log file. I do not want calls
to my ISP (made by the standard W95 internet connection tool), and
calls to a bulletin board appear all together in a single
"ModemLog.txt" (at least, not without the presence of a phone number).

Summarizing, I have the following questions:
 * Is it possible to force phone number logging in the "ModemLog.txt"?
 * Is it possible to create a log of just those calls that were made
   to get on the internet (i.e. calls to my ISP, by ppp/slip/whatever)?
 * Does any program exist that does what I am asking here?

Thanks in advance,
--

1. subfolders of "Sent Items" show "From" instead of "To"

I'm sure this is a FAQ, but I couldn't find it...

When I create sub-folders under "Sent Items," I'd like
(and expect) for them to inherit the characteristics of
the parent - namely displaying the "To" recipient.  But
they all display "From" instead, like normal folders.

This has been a function in Netscape Mail (and other
programs) forever, and I've got to believe there's a
simple way of doing this in OE that I've missed.
Right ... ??

Thanks in advance for any help.  Please respond via email
if possible.

2. Win 95 and .Inf files

3. |||||"""" How do I lock a CDROM """"|||||

4. Netscape 32-bit Beta 5a, Win 95 Client, NetWare 4.1 NDS, Unix , Proxy

5. WANTED """ NT 3.51 Training Videos """" WANTED

6. On Line Print Ordering Wizard

7. "IE55 sp2 Setup Log" no error, only "RunOnceEx Log" three errors

8. Question from a XP Novice

9. wmp copy to cd """ error """

10. How to "Download" Instead of "Stream" from Web Link

11. Windows update history shows "Processing" instead of "Successful"

12. Making email group members "BCC" instead of "TO" in OE6.00.26