Moving MDICLIENT window

Post by Brett Robichau » Fri, 19 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Does anyone know anything about the MDICLIENT window that actually covers
the client area of a CMDIFrameWnd?  I am wondering if it is possible (or
advisable anyway) to move the 0,0 placement of this window so that I can
reserve a bit of the client area of my CMDIFrameWnd for something else.
If I do this (and I'm open for suggestion on how) will I be able to put
any of my MDI children to the left of 0,0?

What I am after here is a CView derrivation that is "Docked" to the left
hand side of a CMDIFrameWnd and I do not want to have to re-write the
Tile, Cascade etc commands.  So I figure if I put my "Docked" CView over
on the left then move the MDICLIENT 0,0 to the right hand edge of the
forementioned CView I'd be in good shape.

Am I making any sense?

-Brett-

--
-Brett-

Moving MDICLIENT window

Post by Morris Maynar » Sat, 20 Apr 1996 04:00:00

> Does anyone know anything about the MDICLIENT window that actually covers
> the client area of a CMDIFrameWnd?  I am wondering if it is possible (or
> advisable anyway) to move the 0,0 placement of this window so that I can
> reserve a bit of the client area of my CMDIFrameWnd for something else.
> If I do this (and I'm open for suggestion on how) will I be able to put
> any of my MDI children to the left of 0,0?

> What I am after here is a CView derrivation that is "Docked" to the left
> hand side of a CMDIFrameWnd and I do not want to have to re-write the
> Tile, Cascade etc commands.  So I figure if I put my "Docked" CView over
> on the left then move the MDICLIENT 0,0 to the right hand edge of the
> forementioned CView I'd be in good shape.

> Am I making any sense?

> -Brett-

> --
> -Brett-

When you create a CDialogBar you can specify where it docks:

  m_pMyDlgBar = new CMyDlgBar;
  if (!m_pMyDlgBar ||
      !m_pMyDlgBar->Create(this, IDD_DLGBAR1, CBRS_LEFT, IDD_DLGBAR1))
    {
    TRACE("Failed to create dialog bar\n");
    return -1;
    }
This makes one which hugs the left (CBRS_LEFT) side of the frame. Other
MFC objects may allow you to do something similar.

1. MDIClient window inside a Splitter window

Hi everyone !!!

I'm trying to put a MDIClient window inside a Splitter window like they did

in MS-Visual C++ 4.0.

It look like, to work, my MDIClient window need to have both the Splitter window

and the MDIFrame window as it's parent window at the same time.

I wonder how the folks at Microsoft did it ???

Thanks for your help !!!

Alain Lessard

2. ways to deal with the 10 connection limit in xp pro?

3. Centering a CMDIChildWnd in the MDIClient window

4. HELP HELP Offline Files

5. Problem SubClassing the MDIClient window

6. Outlook Express Query

7. MDIClient window inside a Splitter

8. TWIP to screen coordinate or pixel

9. Subclassing an MDIClient window for painting

10. Dockable modeless dialog, or CSplitterWnd parent of MDICLIENT

11. MDIClient Background Painting

12. Help needed with MDICLIENT area.....

13. moving up to Windows XP Pro from Windows XP Home