Removing MSMGS from Systray accessing Hotmail via http...

Removing MSMGS from Systray accessing Hotmail via http...

Post by Jeff N » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 15:13:57

I know it has been a known issue for the MSM messenger to boot up in the sys
tray while accessing Hotmail via http.  I don't use it, but was wondering if
there was any validity to a run command I stumbled across.
RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection c:\windows\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Removing MSMGS from Systray accessing Hotmail via http...

Post by David Cand » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:06:19

It uninstalls Messenger.

David Candy
www.mvps.org/serenitymacros
http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000002364 or http://www.simtel.com/pub/pd/18669.html

Please don't Reply To All - It gets confusing.

> I know it has been a known issue for the MSM messenger to boot up in the sys
> tray while accessing Hotmail via http.  I don't use it, but was wondering if
> there was any validity to a run command I stumbled across.
> RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection c:\windows\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Removing MSMGS from Systray accessing Hotmail via http...

Post by Jeff N » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 18:13:28

Thanks for the reply.  I wasn't going to mess with it, but have been curious
about the issue.  That was a response to a question I read in another forum
and someone may not be too happy with the results since that really wasn't
the answer they were looking for.

It uninstalls Messenger.

David Candy
www.mvps.org/serenitymacros
http://www.winsite.com/bin/Info?500000002364 or
http://www.simtel.com/pub/pd/18669.html

Please don't Reply To All - It gets confusing.

Quote:> I know it has been a known issue for the MSM messenger to boot up in the
sys
> tray while accessing Hotmail via http.  I don't use it, but was wondering
if
> there was any validity to a run command I stumbled across.
> RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection c:\windows\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

Removing MSMGS from Systray accessing Hotmail via http...

Post by mike » Sun, 10 Feb 2002 23:30:06

try turning off the Run in Background option in Messenger.

  I know it has been a known issue for the MSM messenger to boot up in the sys
  tray while accessing Hotmail via http.  I don't use it, but was wondering if
  there was any validity to a run command I stumbled across.
  RunDll32 advpack.dll,LaunchINFSection c:\windows\INF\msmsgs.inf,BLC.Remove

  ---

1. 0x800CCC35 / accessing hotmail via OE / http

Receiving this error message:
The server does not support the required HTTP methods.
Account: 'Hotmail',
Server: 'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp'
Protocol: HTTPMail,
Server Response: 'Method Not Allowed',
Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No,
Error Number: 0x800CCC35

User is using OE 6 on a Windows XP machine to send and receive email via
http on a hotmail account.  User has been doing this for several years.
Periodically there is a hiccup or two.  The receiving works fine, but any
sending now results in the message at the top of this post.

The hotmail account is a paid account by the way, not the free one.  [Yes,
the user has sent out more than 100 emails in a 24 hour period, but (a) this
has not been a problem in the past and (b) paid accounts, as I understand
it, are allowed more emails per day.]

I've turned off the fire wall, turned off virus checking, and allowed for
any and all cookies (against my better judgment but in an attempt to remove
reasons for it "not working").  I've restored Windows to an earlier "running
okay" date.

Any other suggestions?

I will post a reply if "waiting 24 hours" solves the problem.

Bruce
--
Bruce E. Breeding

PO Box 867238
Plano, TX  75086-7238
972.208.9162
FAX 972.491.1897

2. DIAMOND FIRE GL 3000

3. How can I protect win95 system clock access via systray?

4. Compact Flash problem

5. Hotmail HTTP server access denied out of blue

6. OT-News Servers

7. No Hotmail http account access

8. Bug in IE6?

9. Cannot Access Http hotMail Account With Administrator Account

10. Access via HTTP Mail Services

11. Accessing files on winXP machine via http server

12. can't access https via xp.

13. Access XML via HTTP