CD-Autostart

Post by Andreas Birkhol » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi folks,

is there any possibility to start a program if a new CD is put in an
autostart option is enabled ?

Thank you A.Birkholz

CD-Autostart

Post by Ari Lukumie » Sat, 18 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>Hi folks,

>is there any possibility to start a program if a new CD is put in an
>autostart option is enabled ?

One way is to put a file named AUTORUN.INF on the root directory
of the CD containing lines, for example:

    [autorun]
    OPEN=DIRECTORY\PROGRAM.EXE
    ICON=DIRECTORY\PROGRAM.ICO

If autostart is enabled, this will start the PROGRAM.EXE when the
CD is inserted. Also, PowerToys package (Win95) contains a
program named Autoplay Extender, that will prompt you for what
to run when a CD is inserted with autostart enabled.

    AriL

1. CD AutoStart

Folks:

I recently burned a bunch of software application files into a blank CD.  I
have also designed an HTML page containing links to run each of these files.

How can I make my CD AUTO-START so that when this CD is placed in the CD ROM
Drive, the HTML page comes up automatically with the various options to
select from.

Thanks,
John.

2. Need to do a print screen of DOS program in WFWG

3. CD Autostart

4. "Source" setting inoperable

5. Help : send invitation not working

6. Mr Angry says: Media Library constantly gets it wrong !!!!

7. CD autostart

8. DVD/CD Autostart/Detection - Update

9. CD Autostart on XP

10. cd autostart