Password protect Windows 98

Post by Richard Hal » Tue, 05 Dec 2000 04:00:00

Hi all,
Is there a way to leave a windows 98 maching running to allow a networked
printer to be used but still completely disallow any use of it without the
correct password?

Thanks...

Password protect Windows 98

Post by RFJACOBS » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 12:40:40

Yes,
Install WindowsNT. That's what it's for.

.
  Ralph
.      __ o
. _   | \_
.(_)/ \ (_)

Password protect Windows 98

Post by Andy » Wed, 06 Dec 2000 15:04:21

Quote:>Is there a way to leave a windows 98 maching running to allow a networked
>printer to be used but still completely disallow any use of it without the
>correct password?

Use a password protected screensaver?

Andy

1. Accessing Windows 98 files that are password protected

We're working in a peer-to-peer network where about 5 of
our clients are new computers, shipped with Windows XP -
Home Edition and the remainder of our network is still
running Windows 98. We have a file sever, also running
windows 98 (second edition)where all files are password
protected.  The computers running Windows XP are prompted
for the password, but when the password is entered, access
is never granted.  The screen just sits there.

I haven't found any information on how to solve this
problem.  Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks.

2. Can I do this in XP Pro?

3. How to Access Password Protected Drive Shares on 98 Machine From XP

4. Active desktop thing..:P

5. Protect Your Windows 95/98 Standalone Or Networked

6. HPC Sins? Update - The Free Windows CE Software Website

7. Windows XP, Windows 98 SE, Windows 98 Network Oddball Behavior

8. Win95 GUI on NT 3.51

9. Password change from Windows 95/98 client on Windows NT Server

10. Access to password protected sites does not ask for password?

11. OE6 with Windows 98: Slowness and Rejection of Password.

12. Password storage in Windows 98

13. Winows 2000 wants password from Windows 98 Networked PCs