Netscape1.1N: install for local browse only? (no winsock)

Netscape1.1N: install for local browse only? (no winsock)

Post by David Swinn » Fri, 08 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Hi,

>I've been scratching my head on this one a while.  I have a networked PC
>(no TCP/IP) that I am trying to setup Netscape 1.1N (or 1.22) on for
>local browsing only. That is, all I want to do is have a look at some
>HTML locally without having a winsock loaded.

>I recall seeing something about mozock.dll somewhere before but can't
>figure out how to get it to work.  I put mozock.dll in Windows dir and
>get message from Netscape that can't find winsock.dll.  Is there some
>place in netscape.ini where I have to specify mozock.dll?  tries setting
>"Check server" to 0 but no luck.

>TIA
>Stu

Stu,

You're halfway there. Put MOZOCK.DLL in a directory where Netscape
Navigator can find it (best choice is the directory containing your
WINSOCK.DLL file). Then rename WINSOCK.DLL to some temporary name, and
follow that by renaming MOZOCK.DLL to WINSOCK.DLL.

Good luck,

David

Post by Liam Qui » Tue, 12 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>I've been scratching my head on this one a while.  I have a networked PC
>(no TCP/IP) that I am trying to setup Netscape 1.1N (or 1.22) on for
>local browsing only. That is, all I want to do is have a look at some
>HTML locally without having a winsock loaded.
>I recall seeing something about mozock.dll somewhere before but can't
>figure out how to get it to work.  I put mozock.dll in Windows dir and
>get message from Netscape that can't find winsock.dll.

Rename mozock.dll to winsock.dll.

Liam Quinn

http://www.hookup.net/~aquinn/liam.html

1. Netscape1.1n:GPF and Stack Faults

                                   Sincerely,

Joshua L. Konkle

  **all views are expressly mine and mine only**
**in now way do these represent the organization**
            **I am associated with**

2. Windows fails to start

3. Accessing Newsgourps in netscape1.1N

4. IE 6 freezes when navigating a site with pop-ups

5. Netscape1.1n setup problems

6. win98 printers

7. Network connection parameters in Netscape1.1N

8. Presets

9. I got this error message when running Netscape1.1N

10. Netscape 1.1N viewing local files *HELP*

11. Netscape 1.1N TCPMAN GPF in WINSOCK.DLL

12. Netscape v1.1N and Trumpet Winsock v2.0b

13. Netscape 1.1N ftp-problem with Novell-Winsock