4 node cluster

Post by Marcus Wol » Fri, 18 Jul 2003 01:48:13

Hi!

I want to build a 4 node-cluster with four Compaq ML370 G3. There will a SAN
attached to the nodes. After that the cluster should host a virtual server
in order to host a DFS-root.
The optimum would to place each node in different building, which is not a
problem for us from the LAN/WAN point of view. Is there any chance two use
IP-adresses in different segments.
 Lets say two nodes would use 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.1.2 SUbnet 255.255.255.0. The
other two would use 1.1.2.1 and 1.1.2.2. If that would not work, what would
be a good solution in order to get the highest availability from the
networking point of view????

Thanks a lot for your thoughts, hints and tips,

Regards Marcus Wolf

4 node cluster

Post by JT » Sat, 19 Jul 2003 01:26:08

Marcus,

Cluster nodes must be on the same subnet. You can achieve this between
buildings using VLAN technologies. Also, you'll need to be able to access
the shared storage array from all nodes in the cluster, so your SAN will
need to be able to provide this access to the host.

You should have a look at the following article from the KB about
geographically dispersed clusters for more details:

Windows Clustering and Geographically Separate Sites
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;280743

Regards,
JT

Quote:> Hi!

> I want to build a 4 node-cluster with four Compaq ML370 G3. There will a
SAN
> attached to the nodes. After that the cluster should host a virtual server
> in order to host a DFS-root.
> The optimum would to place each node in different building, which is not a
> problem for us from the LAN/WAN point of view. Is there any chance two use
> IP-adresses in different segments.
>  Lets say two nodes would use 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.1.2 SUbnet 255.255.255.0.
The
> other two would use 1.1.2.1 and 1.1.2.2. If that would not work, what
would
> be a good solution in order to get the highest availability from the
> networking point of view????

> Thanks a lot for your thoughts, hints and tips,

> Regards Marcus Wolf

1. 2 node clustering

I'm interested in two node clustering using Windows NT 4.0 on a DEC
AlphaServer.  Is it possible?  What about issues like sharing drives
and load balancing?  I've heard something about an NT upgrade called
Wolfpack that may be out this summer.  Are there any other software
packages that I should look into if I can't wait that long?

Thanks,

Tom Donzelli

2. LOW INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A LOT OF MONEY!!! READ ON!!!

3. b-nodes, p-nodes and all that stuff

4. Network question

5. How can I retrieve children nodes and sub children nodes of selected node in tree view control ?

6. mfc

7. multi-node qtvr software

8. Enabling auto-insert for XP home

9. When viewing Xml file, is there a short cut key to collapse all nodes

10. Treeview control with no node labels

11. DVD decoder packs - can I play a DVD with WMP 8 on any network node ?

12. Unable to install NT APM/Legacy Interface Node

13. ?? nt apm\legacy interface node??