WIN95: Dial-up PPP and small network

Post by Mike Hack » Wed, 24 May 1995 04:00:00

        I am running WIN95 on 2 computers, which are networked together.
I was running WFW network protocals on both of them, and then left it up
to WIN95 (preview) to configure itself to the network when I installed
it... so I assume that it left those protocals on the system.  I also
installed TCP/IP on both computers for use as dial-up and for the ne2000
cards.  What I would like to be able to do is have one computer use PPP to
call my internet service, and have the ability to run Internet TCP/IP apps
from either computer.   Is it possible to do this kind of routing?  If so
how?

Mike

1. Win 95 Dial-In Networking whiel using Dial-Up Networking (PPP)

Quite simply, I have two modems. One I've tried to use as a Dial-In Server for
my dead-beat friends to access my Internet connection that I have on
permananet dial-up.

If the Dial-Up connection to my provider is disabled, the Dial-In works fine
(had to use my laptop to find this out though). Am I doing something wrong or
is there any way to take advantage of Dial-In while Dialing Up in Win 95.

Please mail to the address below.
TIA,
Daryl.

"Engaging in random kindness and senseless acts of beauty"

 Daryl Manning, Toronto, CANADA
 DWM & Associates
 ________________________

   ____________________

2. Internet Explorer 6.0

3. Win95 & PPP & Dial-Up Networking

4. Slow log on?

5. Win95 (NetBEUI) network over dial-up PPP

6. Two computers, one network connection, help

7. PPP with Win95 Dial-Up Networking Without Modem?

8. Problems with my sound card

9. Win95 Gold: SLIP/PPP/TIA Dial-Up Networking

10. Win95 Peer to Win95 Peer Dial-Up Networking???

11. Network Dial-Up Pops up on Start ups and Reboots

12. Internet goes missing - Win95, dual stack - Ethernet and Dial-up PPP

13. Will Win95's dial-up (SLIP/PPP) use a hosts file?