Wins Server using a Microsoft Public Mcast server??

Wins Server using a Microsoft Public Mcast server??

Post by RSF » Wed, 06 Sep 2000 21:42:33

Hi all,

This past weekend I got a network sniffer package and have been using it on
my own home network
to learn the tool. Anyway after cleaning up some stuff I never knew was
wrong, I have a problem with
1 of my NT Servers. The server in question is a Member Server 4.0 running
WINS/DHCP for my home
network. Only when my router is connected for Internet traffic every 10 min
or so my server in question hits
the following address:

MICROSOFT-DS.MCAST.NET

I do not know why it is doing it and the packet has no useful data that I
can make out. Does anyone know what this is
and how I can stop it?

TIA