Sound Icon Disappears from Sys Tray

Post by Estell » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 12:44:39

The sound icon has disappeared from my system tray.  I
followed the steps to restore it in the MS knowledgebase
but it didn't work.  I re-booted several times using the
same procedure without success.  Any other ideas?  I use
Windows ME.  Thx.

Sound Icon Disappears from Sys Tray

Post by Anan » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 20:50:00

Did you try Start > Setting > Control Panel > Sounds and Multimedia >
then selecting Show Volume Icon in Taskbar

Anand.

for mail use nandalaya at yah00 d0t c0m

> The sound icon has disappeared from my system tray.  I
> followed the steps to restore it in the MS knowledgebase
> but it didn't work.  I re-booted several times using the
> same procedure without success.  Any other ideas?  I use
> Windows ME.  Thx.

1. vol icon disappears from sys tray

I'm running WINXP pro.
The volume icon keeps on disappearing from the system tray.
So I check the sound & audio device properties.
The "place volume icon in the taskbar" icon is unchecked.  I check it.
Reboot computer - its unchecked.

Its unchecking itself.  No idea what on earth causes this.

--
<<< Benjamin Yazersky CPA [NJ & NY] >>>

2. Build Errors For ARM Processor

3. Sys tray Icons disappearing