Images maps on a local machin without a web server

Images maps on a local machin without a web server

Post by Lasse Ru » Fri, 23 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Hello
We are trying to make a diskett to some of our customers, to show them
how web can be used. Some of thees people still don't have an tcp/ip
connection. I have allready found an dll which makes it possible to
use Netscape www browser on a local machin whithout any connections.
My problem is that I want to use image maps on som of the html file
that ea are sending on the diskett., but so far I havn't got that
working.

Does anybody now if you have to brows to an web server to use image
maps, or is that possible on alocal file as well. I'm not having
problems with links when the whole image is suppose to refere to the
same URL.

All info wanted

Lasse Ruud
Win.HLP
Norway

Images maps on a local machin without a web server

Post by Danny Bran » Sat, 24 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:>Hello
>We are trying to make a diskett to some of our customers, to show them
>how web can be used. Some of thees people still don't have an tcp/ip
>connection. I have allready found an dll which makes it possible to
>use Netscape www browser on a local machin whithout any connections.
>My problem is that I want to use image maps on som of the html file
>that ea are sending on the diskett., but so far I havn't got that
>working.

>Does anybody now if you have to brows to an web server to use image
>maps, or is that possible on alocal file as well. I'm not having
>problems with links when the whole image is suppose to refere to the
>same URL.

This doesn't work. You need a HTTPD server to launch the script that handles
the image map's coordinates and to send back the data to Netscape.

The best thing is to configure Trumpet as Slip/ppp and never connect
to the net. Use WHTTPD as a www server. When you launch it, it will hang
for about 30 seconds (probably trying to do a reversed DNS lookup or
something) but then it will iconize.

You can then connect to yourself by using the following url:

http://127.0.0.1

The pages that come with WHTTPD have an image map example.

This works fine at home for me; let me know if you run into problems.

Danny

1. Images maps on a local machin without a web server

Hello
We are trying to make a diskett to some of our customers, to show them
how web can be used. Some of thees people still don't have an tcp/ip
connection. I have allready found an dll which makes it possible to
use Netscape www browser on a local machin whithout any connections.
My problem is that I want to use image maps on som of the html file
that ea are sending on the diskett., but so far I havn't got that
working.

Does anybody now if you have to brows to an web server to use image
maps, or is that possible on alocal file as well. I'm not having
problems with links when the whole image is suppose to refere to the
same URL.

All info wanted

Lasse Ruud
Win.HLP
Norway

2. Serial ATA - HD installation failure

3. Redirect to the main Web Server when I lost connection with my local web server

4. User.exe error with Iexplore

5. Local W95 won't connect with local NT web or FTP server?

6. cdrw

7. ANNOUNCE: Java image mapping applet & image map editor

8. XP on NT network

9. Possible to map network drive on local machine without network?

10. Server Side Image Mapping Using the Internet Information Server

11. Using image maps in local mode (Client side imagempas)

12. Set up Web Server as a local server on a Stand alone PC