WinGate 3.0 help

Post by Chris Davi » Sun, 04 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have just set up my DSL model and all is working well.  I have installed
another networks card and verified it is also working.  I'd like to use
WinGate 3.0 Home, but it's not going so well.  On the Client machine the DNS
seems to be working.  I'll type an address in the browser, like www.cnn.com,
and the status bar on the bottom of the window will say "connecting to
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx".  The GateKeeper history window on the server will show
activity: "DNS: Address Lookup for www.cnn.com", but nothing happens on the
client, it's just times out.  Any ideas??

My configuration:

Server:
IP Address: 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
DNS: Enabled
My two DNS servers are in the search order box.

Client:
IP Address: 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.268.0.1
DNS: Enabled
Host: computer 2
DNS Server: 192.168.0.1

--
* remove the '1' from my address to respond *

WinGate 3.0 help

Try a network address translation protocol rather than WinGate.
You can find it at www.nat32.com

Its much simpler to configure and works quite well.  WinGate is
a proxy server, which doesn't really buy you that much more if
your NAT settings are properly configured.

> I have just set up my DSL model and all is working well.  I have installed
> another networks card and verified it is also working.  I'd like to use
> WinGate 3.0 Home, but it's not going so well.  On the Client machine the DNS
> seems to be working.  I'll type an address in the browser, like www.cnn.com,
> and the status bar on the bottom of the window will say "connecting to
> xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx".  The GateKeeper history window on the server will show
> activity: "DNS: Address Lookup for www.cnn.com", but nothing happens on the
> client, it's just times out.  Any ideas??

> My configuration:

> Server:
> IP Address: 192.168.0.1
> Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
> DNS: Enabled
> My two DNS servers are in the search order box.

> Client:
> IP Address: 192.168.0.2
> Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
> Gateway: 192.268.0.1
> DNS: Enabled
> Host: computer 2
> DNS Server: 192.168.0.1

> --
> * remove the '1' from my address to respond *

--

CDMA Systems Division         | phone: 847-632-6709
Motorola                      | pager: 847-576-0295  21503

  charlebs.vcf
< 1K Download

WinGate 3.0 help

Post by Tim Thiesse » Thu, 15 Apr 1999 04:00:00

try a program called ishare 3.0

works great with 95/98/Workstation 4 or Server 4

not near as complicated as wingate....

1. Installing Wingate 3.0 and NTMail to work together

I've installed an intranet. There's NTMail 3.03 installed (which is an email
server, it is not from Microsoft), and the intern email works fine.
Now I want my users to have internet access, and the ability to send extern
email.
I've asked to my ISP 10 email accounts.

I want to install NTMail and WinGate in the same machine.
The internet connection is made with un dial-up connection, through a modem
which it is in the same machine.

Anyone knows how to configure NTmail and WinGate to work together?????

--------------
My ISP do not send me our inbound emails when I connect, so I have to
retrieve with Autodial or Pullmail.
Also, Autodial from NTMail don't seem to work. It never dials.
Anyone knows where to find PULLMAIL or knows how to make Autodial work?

--------------
In the same server machine, I have the DNS from microsoft installed.
I'd like that when a workstation makes a dns request, it first asks to
microsoft dns server, and if it is not an intranet dns request, then wingate
takes the request. how can i do that?

Thanks.
---

2. getting PHP to work with Apache2, FP

3. anyone know how to set up wingate 3.0 pro ?

4. memory leak

5. TCP/IP and Wingate 3.0 Pro

6. Partition Wizzard Problem

7. Format Tag in mciSendString

8. WINGATE 3.0 & Socket errors

9. Wingate 3.0 Socket Error

10. Front Page and WinGate 3.0

11. Wingate 3.0 , Win98, Win95, and Linksys cards

12. WinGate 3.0 error - ISP access denied for client