transparent desktop?

Post by whoeve » Sat, 29 Aug 1998 04:00:00

This little freeware prog does what you want:
http://members.tripod.com/~TLGriffith4/DeskColor/

>Is there a way to create a 'transparent' desktop?

>I am using a bitmap image for my desktop wallpaper, which I change
>occationally. The background for icon names is the specified desktop
>color. Is it possible to not have a solid background for icon names,
>so the names simply appear over the wallpaper image?

transparent desktop?

Post by Kevin N » Sun, 30 Aug 1998 04:00:00

You have to use a separate utility to do this. BTW, if you want several
images on a single screen or multiple desktop screens with different
wallpaper and images, there is a utility called ?Securdesk LV? which allows
you to do this. It lets you have transparent text with the icons, and lots
of other configuration features. You can get a copy from
http://www.cursorarts.com/

>I am using a bitmap image for my desktop wallpaper, which I change
>occationally. The background for icon names is the specified desktop
>color. Is it possible to not have a solid background for icon names,
>so the names simply appear over the wallpaper image?

transparent desktop?

Post by Nikolaus Futt » Sun, 30 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hallo john

jd> Is there a way to create a 'transparent' desktop?

You mean 'transparent' background for icon text ?

Use DISAPPR.ZIP (4 kb) in your autostart folder - it is FREEWARE
You will also need VB40032.DLL (704 KB). See our homepage.

Nik, Computer Club Seeshaupt

transparent desktop?

Post by Joel Sin » Wed, 02 Sep 1998 04:00:00

You can get a freeware program called "disappear" which makes the icon
labels transparent, from
<ftp://ftp.creativelement.com/pub/win95ann/disappr.zip>. This requires
the VB4.0 runtime engine (VB40032.dll,
<ftp://ftp.creativelement.com/pub/win95ann/vb4rt.zip>) but most people
already have it. For more information have a look at
<http://www.annoyances.org/win95/faq.html#67>

Hope this helps,

Joel Sing.

--
Life is the struggle to keep death at a respectable distance - Jim Rohn

1. transparent desktop icon name background restoration

When I first ran my Windows XP PC it had transparent icon titles on the
desktop.  Now I can't seem to get that effect back.  I have modified and
installed several desktop themes on my user's desktop. There is still one
out of five users with the clear icon names.  I think there is a setting for
transparent icon dropdowns or something???  I can't find anything that won't
just change the color.  Any help would be appreciated.  D

2. RMON type tool? Need TCP stats.

3. Transparent Desktop Icons

4. OCX

5. Transparent desktop around fonts

6. illegal operations

7. transparent desktop icons

8. Windows Media Player Problem

9. Transparent desktop icon text, without shadow in Win XP???

10. transparent desktop

11. Non-transparent buttons on transparent subdialog

12. ANNOUNCE: Toolkit for transparent animations on the Windows' desktop

13. Desktop Icons - Transparent Background