64 bit integer type in wxMSW 2.4.1, Visual C++

64 bit integer type in wxMSW 2.4.1, Visual C++

Post by Andy Robinso » Tue, 24 Jun 2003 20:29:49

On wxMSW 2.4.1 with Visual C++ 2002 :

I'm getting compilation errors on casting wxInt64 to int, compiler says

arttest.cpp(37) : error C2440: 'type cast' : cannot convert from
'wxLongLongNative' to 'int'
        No user-defined-conversion operator available that can perform
this conversion, or the operator cannot be called

This happens if I insert a couple of lines :
        wxInt64 x;
        int y = (int)x;
into one of the samples and then make using the provided makefile.

This compiles perfectly happily though :
        __int64 x;
        int y = (int)x;

My question is, since Visual C++ has this built-in 64 bit type,
shouldn't wxMSW be using it for wxInt64? (or do I need to tweak my setup
in some way?)

Andy Robinson, Seventh String Software, www.seventhstring.demon.co.uk

1. 64-bit integer

Hi, all!

I am using DirectShow interfaces to write multimedia applications.  The
interfaces uses 64-bit integers as frame numbers for videos.  In my
application, I predict I will never have to deal with a video with frame
numbers bigger than a 32-bit integer.  So when I retrieve a frame number, I
just simply chop the higher 32 bits of the returned 64-bit integer and use
it in my program.  When I set a frame number, I put the high 32 bits to 0
and feed it to the functions of DirectShow.  I wonder what kind of operation
can we do with 64-bit integers.  Anybody has experience working with 64-bit
integers?  Is it a good idea (for now) to throw away the high 32 bits and
use the low 32 bits?

Thanks!

David

2. Need recommendation on Mpeg hard/sofware

3. 64 bit integers

4. Problems with Explorer Folder tree...

5. Is WinXP Pro 64-Bit Edition a True 64-Bit OS?

6. corrupt file

7. Visual Studio for Window XP 64 bit

8. IE6 do not open certain pages

9. 64 bit processor: XP 64 or not?

10. Do AMD's Athlon 64 +ACY- Opteron CPUs support WinXP 64-bit Edition?

11. 32-bit vs 64-bit

12. 32 bit vs. 64 bit XP SP1

13. Do I Have 32 bit or 64 bit XP