Contacting HTTP and HTTPS servers with any browser: problem!

Contacting HTTP and HTTPS servers with any browser: problem!

Post by Karel Kuba » Fri, 17 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hiya,

I've got a problem ever since I tried to contact a secure site via
HTTPS. My browser loads the first HTTPS page, but then fails to retrieve
byte gets transferred. Or, the browser just keeps thinking that info is
being transferred while nothing at all happens.

Platform info: Windows '95 and/or NT, Netscape and Internet Explorer
servers, dial-up (PPP) connection.

A collegue of mine had a similar problem, but could in the end only
access HTTPS, while HTTP was totally dead.

This occurs with Netscape 3, 4 and with Internet Explorer. I've
reinstalled Netscape 4, but the problem doesn't go away. Same holds for
NT and '95 (on the same machine), it doesn't matter what I boot, HTTPS
simply can't be reached beyond the first page.

So I think that this is a network layer problem. No changes in the
browser settings (certificates, cache, whatever) seem to be helping.

Any suggestions? I'm at a total loss, so any hints will be appreciated!!

I don't read this group every day. Or hit the reply button.

Thanks in advance,
Cheers, Karel

1. HTTP/HTTPS Problem in IE5 - At Wit's End

Hello Everyone,

Something happened to my system a day or so ago and I can't figure out what
went wrong or how to fix it. Specifically, I cannot load (view) HTTP sites
using IE5; HOWEVER, sites using the HTTPS format load with no problem. This
problem has not happened on any of the other browsers on my system (Opera 5,
Netscape 4.76 and Netscape 6).

Can ANYONE shed some light on this or help me? I've exhausted every resource

possible. MANY thanks in advance.

Regards,
Scott McCluney

2. Errors with CD-RW and DVD-ROM

3. HTTP server without browser

4. XP crash

5. Acces HTTPS sites only....NO HTTP!

6. hello

7. HTTP to HTTPS change causes: "Page cannot be found"

8. Industrial PC OS

9. IE6.0 displays https pages but not http pages

10. http://*?http://* Errors

11. Mixed content (HTTP in HTTPS) Error message

12. I can display secure pages (HTTPS) but not HTTP pages

13. Mixed Content (HTTP in HTTPS) Error