WANTED: QuickTime 5 for Windows

Post by Wallace Lan » Thu, 15 Aug 2002 13:30:08

Hello Everybody,

I am looking for the installation software for "QuickTime 5.0 for Windows
95" in order to install that version onto my old Windows 95 PC.

If you have that on CD-R than please send me word as to how I can get a
copy.

Thank you for the assistance,

Wally

WANTED: QuickTime 5 for Windows

Post by ockero » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 01:55:07

You might take a look thru some of your cd disks. Many disks include things
like quicktime, realplayer, acrobat, etc... on them...

Any of the Star Trek encyclopedias has Quicktime on it...

PaT.
Wash the "Car" and then email me.
---

Quote:

> Hello Everybody,

> I am looking for the installation software for "QuickTime 5.0 for Windows
> 95" in order to install that version onto my old Windows 95 PC.

> If you have that on CD-R than please send me word as to how I can get a
> copy.

> Thank you for the assistance,

> Wally

WANTED: QuickTime 5 for Windows

Post by Wallace Lan » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 06:32:07

Hello PaT. ockerom,

You wrote in your message:

Quote:

> You might take a look thru some of your cd disks. Many disks include
things
> like quicktime, realplayer, acrobat, etc... on them...

> Any of the Star Trek encyclopedias has Quicktime on it...

Well PaT. it appears that I don't have the Star Trek encyclopedias on CDs
and some of the other CDs have earlier versions of QuickTime instead.

Wally

WANTED: QuickTime 5 for Windows

Post by Wallace Lan » Sat, 17 Aug 2002 12:59:48

Hello PaT. ockerom,

You wrote in your message:

Quote:

> You might take a look thru some of your cd disks. Many disks include
> things like quicktime, realplayer, acrobat, etc... on them...

I was finally able to download QuickTime 5 from the Apple website today.

I saved it to CD-R for use with my old Windows 95 PC.

Next is to archive my copy of RealPlayer 8 for my Windows 95 PC.

After I archive these two media players for Windows 95 I will than work on
the preservation of the more advanced versions for my Windows 98 PC.

I know that RealOne and QuickTime 6 won't work with Windows 95, but they
will work with Windows 98 or higher.

Thank you PaT. for the advice but it appears that I don't need to hunt down
those old CDs after all.

Wally