Environment variables

Post by Paul Piotrowsk » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

Within Win95 I need to set 5 environment variables for many users.  Is
there a way to do this other than add these five set statements to each
person's autoexec.bat file.  When we used to be connected to a novell
server I was able to run an INCLUDE file which contained the variables
as DOS SET lines.  We are no longer connected to a Novell server but are
connected to a NT server.

Any help???
Thanks
Paul Piotrowski

Environment variables

Post by Steve van Donge » Thu, 14 May 1998 04:00:00

Set those variables using the users' login scripts instead.  Use
winset.exe (on the Windows 95 CD) instead of 'set' to set the variables
in the global environment.

Regards,
Steve

> Within Win95 I need to set 5 environment variables for many users.  Is
> there a way to do this other than add these five set statements to each
> person's autoexec.bat file.  When we used to be connected to a novell
> server I was able to run an INCLUDE file which contained the variables
> as DOS SET lines.  We are no longer connected to a Novell server but are
> connected to a NT server.

> Any help???
> Thanks
> Paul Piotrowski

1. Environment Variables

I wish to read some of the environment variables from NT workstations and place
the values in fields on a form using Outlook 98. I know that I can use the
'environ' function in VB, but when I try to use this in VBscript I get an error
message.

Does anyone know how this can be done?

2. goodbye

3. Environment Variable "PATH"

4. Mouse doesn't work in safe mode

5. Windows XP - OS Environment Variable

6. please i need cdrom help

7. environment variable

8. Any way to access more than 9 comports ??

9. environment variables

10. WinXP Environment Variables

11. TEMP environment variable Internal Error: - 4

12. Environment Variables

13. Using registry to set a per-user environment variable