PCNFS winsock.dll; exchanging winsock.dll

PCNFS winsock.dll; exchanging winsock.dll

Post by Yves DEBIZ » Fri, 26 Jan 1996 04:00:00

I have a TCPIP application which works well when using Chameleon.

Using PCNFS 5.1a, it does not work (the PC WINDOWS 3.11 reboots!). Note other
client-server applications work properly.

Using PCNFS 5.0 is not better with that application.

I suspect a bug in the PCNFS 5.1a winsock.dll.

I tried to exchange the winsock.dll of PCNFS by the one of Chameleon with no
result because the Chameleon winsock.dll is part of a whole group of other
necessary DLLs.

DID SOMEONE EVER REPLACE the PCNFS WINSOCK.DLL BY ANOTHER COMMERCIAL
OR NON-COMMERCIAL WINSOCK.DLL ?

WHICH ONE ?

Thank You.

--

IA Corporation SA (IA/MC2)
4 Chemin de Malacher, ZIRST 4401

--

Post by a.. » Sat, 27 Jan 1996 04:00:00

> I have a TCPIP application which works well when using Chameleon.

> Using PCNFS 5.1a, it does not work (the PC WINDOWS 3.11 reboots!). Note
other
> client-server applications work properly.

> Using PCNFS 5.0 is not better with that application.

> I suspect a bug in the PCNFS 5.1a winsock.dll.

If you wrote the application it is more likely that the problem is in your
application. For example you are passing an invalid parameter to a winsock
call and netmanage is validating the parameters whilst PCNFS is not.

Quote:

> I tried to exchange the winsock.dll of PCNFS by the one of Chameleon with no
> result because the Chameleon winsock.dll is part of a whole group of other
> necessary DLLs.

You cannot replace one vendors winsock with another. The Winsock API is a
standard as laid out in the winsock spec. Any interface to lower levels of the
TCP/IP stack is vendor specific.

If you do not have the source code for the application the only thing you can
do is call PCNFS support or support for the application.

Quote:> DID SOMEONE EVER REPLACE the PCNFS WINSOCK.DLL BY ANOTHER COMMERCIAL
> OR NON-COMMERCIAL WINSOCK.DLL ?

> WHICH ONE ?

> Thank You.

1. how to extract winsock.dll and winsock32.dll files

hi!
i wanted to know in windwows xp home ,how to extract a
file.i tried to extract winscok.dll but i could not extract
it.i followed this MSCONFIG->EXTRACT A FILE->WINSOCK.DLL
->Restore From....C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS-> Save File
In.......C:\WINDOWS .after that it gave error no cab files
found.

pleaqse send the detail information

2. Upgrading from ME to XP...

3. ERROR...Winsock.dll, Wsock32.dll, or Wsock.vxd file is missing or damaged

4. MG Device

5. "winsock.dll" and "wsock32.dll"

6. Can't view connection status

7. winsock.dll & wsock32.dll

8. how to send mail

9. Setting up Winsock.dll and Wsock32.dll under Windows 95

11. winsock.dll & wsock32.dll

12. Winsock.dll of PC-NFS 5.0 and wsock32.dll ???

13. WINSOCK.DLL not named 'winsock' ?