netscept 7.1 -annoying message

Post by dave » Tue, 12 Aug 2003 21:07:22

hi all:

i am using netscape 7.1 on XP and it keeps poping up a little window "Please
enter the master password for the Software Security Device.". is there any way i
can get rid of this?

thanks

dave_au

Post by Scott Yanof » Tue, 12 Aug 2003 23:56:57

> hi all:

> i am using netscape 7.1 on XP and it keeps poping up a little window "Please
> enter the master password for the Software Security Device.". is there any way i
> can get rid of this?

Edit -> Preferences

Look for preferences related to "Forms" and "Master Password".  If you
have it set to remember information you filled in on forms, you might
also have it set to prompt you for a password before filling in forms.

Good luck,

--
-Scott

Post by ho alexandr » Wed, 13 Aug 2003 22:49:16

> i am using netscape 7.1 on XP and it keeps poping up a little window "Please
> enter the master password for the Software Security Device.". is there any way i
> can get rid of this?

You just have to set a master null password.
Edit | Preferences | Privacy&Security | MasterPassword

--
XandreX
/I'm that kind of people your parents warned you about/

1. WME SDK 7.1 API does not stream on WMS 4.1 but WME 7.1 tool does

Hi,

I am writting an application based on WM Encoder's API. For this, I used the
WME SDK 7.1 with the codec 8 of Windows Media. This application creates an
archive of a live stream. This file is then uploaded on a server.
While we were testing, the Windows Media Server was the version 4.1.00.3917
running on Windows 200 SP 1 with DirectX 7. The server could stream the
files without problem.

When we switched to our production server, the Windows Media Server was the
version 4.1.00.3857 running on Windows NT 4 SP 5. When I try to open the
file with Windows Media Player (either 7 or 6.4), I get the error "The
request could not be understood by the server" when using the HTTP protocol
and the error "Invalid or corrupt data encountered" when using the MMS
protocol.

I opened the file with the "Windows Media Advanced Script Indexer" and saved
it. The file gets smaller by a few bytes and works now on both servers.
After examining the files byte-for-byte, I've noticed that the audio payload
seems to be the same, but the file's header is different. Specifically,
"Windows Media Audio V8 20 kbps, 16 kHz, stereo"(unicode or dbcs) was
removed along with some other binary data.
Furthermore, if I don't use the API to create a file, but rather the WM
Encoder tool's GUI, it all works fine. So, I would think that there is just
some small tweak I can make for this all to work.

Please help!

tia,

Yann

2. Backing up Outlook?

3. WMP 7.1 gives "Locating media..." message but does not play anything

4. Moviw Maker 2 problem

5. 7.1 or 9, same error message

6. dynamic disk xp pro

7. 7.1---error message

8. PR: Allegiant Releases SuperCard Browser Plug-in

9. windows media player 7.1 Error message

10. DLImport Error Message in Media Player 7.1

11. WMP 7.1 gives "Locating media..." message but does not play anything

12. MS Media Player 7.1 & decompressor error message vids: mp43

13. Windows Media Player 7.1 Error Messages