CPropertyPages are hogs.

Post by Natacha Pankrat » Sat, 06 Jan 1996 04:00:00

My many CPropertyPages are chewing up too many resources.  I'd like to
release each page everytime the user clicks on another tab.  Is there any
way to do this other than removing & re-adding the page (which reorders
them) ?

thanks,
-Tasha.

CPropertyPages are hogs.

Post by Amit Sh » Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:00:00

: >
: >My many CPropertyPages are chewing up too many resources.  I'd like to
: >release each page everytime the user clicks on another tab.  Is there any
: >way to do this other than removing & re-adding the page (which reorders
: >them) ?
: >
: >thanks,
: >-Tasha.

: I suppose what you could do is create each tab as an empty dialog box.  When
: the user switches to that tab, dynamically create, position and initialize
: the controls.  Then when the user switches to another tab, collect the
: info from the controls, store the info and get rid of the controls.  Then
: when the user switches back, recreate the controls and fill them in with the
: last values the user entered.  Seems like a lot of trouble to go through
: though.

Another solution would be using per property browsing or using
OnmapEditPropertyPage override.

Take a look at MS's KB article.

Amit

CPropertyPages are hogs.