Win95 Modem sharing

Post by World Tour 96-9 » Sun, 12 Jan 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible and how to do the following thing.

I have two PC under win95 conected together, one has a modem and has
Internet access. Is it possible to have the other PC use the Modem and
access the Internet ???

Please e-mail me.

Thanks,

Eric
--
Did you know that a World Tour is going on ???
If you want to participate come and visit the official web site

Win95 Modem sharing

Post by Gordon McAndr » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00

;>Hi,
;>
;>Does anyone know if it is possible and how to do the following thing.
;>
;>I have two PC under win95 conected together, one has a modem and has
;>Internet access. Is it possible to have the other PC use the Modem and
;>access the Internet ???

I use WinGate myself but sometime I am going to try WinProxy just to see how
it works.  Here are messages that tell where to get both.

This page explains how to use WINGATE and has a link to let you get the
software:

http://www.malch.com/twosys.html

It can handle more than "twosys" <g>

There is a neat program out called WinProxy.  It is a
caching proxy server for http,gopher,ftp, realaudio, socks, etc.

Thier free version works great for the very small office or home use
with 3 concurrent connections (including the proxy system)

Check it out...

http://www.lanprojekt.cz/cgi-bin/toASCII/winproxy/index.html

I'm an ISP and I've got a few customers that are using it right now.

Allan

WinProxy can also do the same thing: http://www.WinProxy.com

We tend to think it is better ;-)

Kevin Franklin
Ositis Software
http://www.WinProxy.com

Gordon McAndrew
Vegreville,
Alberta, Canada

1. Win95/Lantastic 6.0 and Articom (modem sharing)

We have a small Lantastic 6.0 network, two machines running Win3.1
and one with Win95. The Win95 machine has the modems attached and
so has been setup as the modem server.

Problem is: If a user accesses the modem, they can call and make a
connection to the called system. Problem is that after a few minutes
the Win95 server "crashes" (locks up completely) and the modem server
link is lost to the other machines.

Has anyone come across this problem? Maybe we will have to upgrade the
Win95 software to Lantastic for Win95?

2. script error and debug

3. Modem sharing with Win95.

4. How to better manage MACHINE CHECK

5. How to share a modem in NT/Win95 Network?

6. how do I delete the cache in version 8.0?

7. Sharing Modems. Win95 & WFWG3.11

8. ISDN Accelerator Pack and ISDN Diehl Diva PC-cards

9. Sharing Modem Win95 Peer Network

10. Sharing modem in WIN95!!??

11. share NT modem as in WIN95

12. HELP: Sharing modem over a network in Win95

13. network modem sharing in Win95