Monitoring tool

Post by Erwin van den Bovenkam » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

Can someone help me to a tools, which can monitor mijn TOKEN-RING network.
I have some problem, that the network is slooooowwwwww.....

Does anyone have a tool, which I can install, so I can see my activities on
my network.
Must work with TOKEN-RING!

Or maybe a tools, which i can set priority to, for example: telnet-activitie

Tahnk you!

Erwin

Monitoring tool

Post by Chad Dail » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Network Associates has an evaluation version of Sniffer Basic that you can use.
It can be downloaded from their site at www.nai.com.  Priority settings for
traffic on a local token ring must be set by the application (this refers to
your telnet application question).  Otherwise, you will need to do some fancy
traffic shaping on your routers.

Some things to check:

Make sure your IP and TR MTU settings match between hosts.  If you are running
16Mbps, try using ETR (Early Token Release).  Make sure you don't have too many
devices on one ring.

Good luck,
Chad

>Hi all,

>Can someone help me to a tools, which can monitor mijn TOKEN-RING network.
>I have some problem, that the network is slooooowwwwww.....

>Does anyone have a tool, which I can install, so I can see my activities on
>my network.
>Must work with TOKEN-RING!

>Or maybe a tools, which i can set priority to, for example: telnet-activitie

>Tahnk you!

>Erwin

1. Can anyone recommend me a good CPU monitoring tool

I had this problem whith my Dual 600 while watching DVDs in Win2k. It turned
out to be the software decoder (PowerDVD) not the processors - it is fine
now I have started using Cinemaster Software

You don't state what your doing, but maybe it is a similar problem.

I heard that Standard CPU monitoring tools, such as Microsoft Performance
Monitor, cannot precisely measure the CPU load of the encoder because they
are
not able to show the instantaneous CPU peaks that last just a few
milliseconds.
Although I'm using a dual PIII800 computer, it seems to be losing frames.
Can anyone recommend me a good CPU monitoring tool that can measure the CPU
load
of the encoder?

    Thanks in advance.

Sung.

2. Final Fantasy VIII

3. a monitoring tool (cycle through 20+ live channels)

4. Win2k, Sound, and Power Problems

5. Management and Monitoring Tools

6. Web page no-show

7. Network Monitoring Tool