W2K install problem - Entry Point Not Found

W2K install problem - Entry Point Not Found

Post by Gumption Jone » Sat, 23 Sep 2000 04:00:00

I'm no admin, so please bear with me. I have NT4 server installed on a
machine. I want to install W2K server on this machine, but when I insert my
disk (from MSDN) I get this error message from Autorun:

TitleBar[muisetup.exe - Entry Point Not Found]
Desc.   [The procedure entry point VerifyVersionInfoW could not be located
in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll]

Do I have a bad dll file and need to re-install NT4?

W2K install problem - Entry Point Not Found

Post by Seen » Wed, 04 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Sounds like dll mismatch.
May be you have two copies of Kernel32.dll.
If your CD also has kernel32.dll, may be your path variable points to cd
first.
Try MSDN (msdn.microsoft.com) if you could find more help.

-Sankar

Quote:> I'm no admin, so please bear with me. I have NT4 server installed on a
> machine. I want to install W2K server on this machine, but when I insert
my
> disk (from MSDN) I get this error message from Autorun:

> TitleBar[muisetup.exe - Entry Point Not Found]
> Desc.   [The procedure entry point VerifyVersionInfoW could not be located
> in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll]

> Do I have a bad dll file and need to re-install NT4?

1. " lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c

I have just recently used Windows Update to Update to SERVICE PACK 2.
After the 40 minutes it took to downloand and update I was asked to
restart my computer.

When I resarted my computer I received the following error message.  I
cannot boot into windows at all and when I click on "OK" to the error
box I just get a blank screen with my pointer with no desktop icons,
taskbar, or start button.

Here is the error I receive.

" lsass.exe - Entry point not Found " "The procedure entry point c
could not be located in the dynamic link library msvcrt.dll "

This only happened after I updated to Service Pack 2.  I have done the
suggest fix on the Microsoft site that says to boot into the XP disk
and use the "r" utility to replace the file "Mscvrt.dll" and that did
not work either.

My computer doesn't work so I am checking this for a different one.
Thanks,

TOM

2. Deleting files in cdburning dir--access denied

3. DLL problems under emulator - 'entry point not found'

4. High Tech Scanners

5. Entry Point Not Found (Direct Draw problem)

6. A Frames Question

7. SNMP problem...procedure entry point not found?

8. XP bootup

9. WMP 8 - wmplayer.exe - Entry point Not Found Error

10. Entry Point not found.......WDENGINE.dll???

11. wmplayer.exe - Entry Point Not Found

12. Entry Point Not found

13. Msmsgs.exe - Entry point not found (HELP)