USER32.dll failed to initalize

Post by Dmitry_Rezni.. » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I am asking anyone who has encountered a similar problem for hints about the
possible cause, and fixes, if possible.  The situation is as following:

Workstation A (running NT4.0 SP3).  Perfmon looks at a remote system,
Workstation B (also running NT 4.0 SP 3).  Workstation B contains  my dll for
Workstation B also contains local COM server executable (COMServer) that
extracts necessary performace data from agent, running on B.  COMServer is a
standalone executable written with ATL and MFC.

Steps: A launches perfmon.  Workstation B is selected from the list of
machines in the domain.  Perfmon attaches to a winlogon process on
Workstation B through RPC calls, and loads CounterLoader dll into winlogon's
process space. CounterLoader.dll does a CoCreateInstance on COMServer.
COMServer executable communicates with an agent running on B, caches and
calculates statistics about it.  CounterLoader extracts that performance data
though func calls on COMServer's interface pointer it got in CoCreate.  That
data propagates back to perfmon on A, and is displayed.

Problem: When CounterLoader.dll does a CoCreateInstance on COMServer,
Workstation B displays an error message box "The dynamic load library
USER32.dll has failed to initalize, exiting abnormally".  COMServer is loaded
at that point, but attaching a de* to it does not help.  When OK button
on the message box is clicked, COMServer is unloaded, CoCreate returns with
"Server failed to execute" HRESULT error code.        No visible exceptions are
being trapped in CounterLoader.dll If perfmormance monitor is run against
Workstation A, and LoadCounters are directrly loaded into perfmon's proc
space, bypassing attachment to remote machine's winlogon, then everything
works. The problem, as far as I can tell, lies in the interaction of COM with
winlogon process. If you think that you encountered a similar problem, or
even if you saw this message box in a different context, please respond.  I
would be grateful for any information.

Thanks
Dmitry Reznikov
Software Engineer
Data General Corp.

http://www.veryComputer.com/;     Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own

USER32.dll failed to initalize

Post by deeptendu majumd » Tue, 27 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I have had some strange experience with user32.dll lately.
While booting up  my machine was running chkdsk /f /r on
the partitions of the second disk. After it finished the
boot process came to a halt with user32.dll corrupted
message. I disconnect the second disk and everything
reboots fine. After a few reboots I reconnect the second
disk back and the chkdsk process on the second disk
resumes again and everything boots fine this time..go figger..

USER32.dll failed to initalize

Post by Hugo Lauzier » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I had a similar problem with user32.dll.  I had this message  "The
dynamic load library
USER32.dll has failed to initalize" everytime the screen saver would try
to start.  After a while, it disappeared.  I think one of these hot
fixes has an updated user32.dll:  Pent-fix, Y2K, TearDrop2, srv,
getadmin.

Hugo.

> I have had some strange experience with user32.dll lately.
> While booting up  my machine was running chkdsk /f /r on
> the partitions of the second disk. After it finished the
> boot process came to a halt with user32.dll corrupted
> message. I disconnect the second disk and everything
> reboots fine. After a few reboots I reconnect the second
> disk back and the chkdsk process on the second disk
> resumes again and everything boots fine this time..go figger..

1. Initialization of user32.dll failed

I am using VC++ 5.0 on NT 4.0 workstation with service pack 3 installed.  I
have a console application that attempts to start up another process
(mplay32.exe) using the CreateProcess routine.  As soon as it does, a dialog
box shows up with the following message in it:

Initialization of the dynamic link library C:\WINNT\system32\USER32.dll
failed.  The process is terminating abnormally.

If I run the console app in a debug session, CreateProcess seems to work
perfectly.  The child process starts and performs exactly as expected.

I have turned off all optimizations.  I have tried setting the creation flags
parameter to CREATE_NEW_CONSOLE and to DETACHED_PROCESS.  I have tried setting
wShowWindow in the STARTUPINFO struct to various values.  I have tried
starting the child process using some of the spawn functions, as well as the
system function.  They all do the same thing.

Could somebody out there please give me a clue to solving this mystery?  Thank
you for your kind assistance.

2. help on usb external disk problem

3. USER32.DLL failed to initialize

4. Stingray Objective Toolkit MVC questions..

5. DrWatson says USER32.DLL failed to initialize

6. words

7. replace user32.dll and rpcrt4.dll

8. CFPL: OzCHI 98

9. KERNEL32.DLL & USER32.DLL - Link Library - WIndows XP

10. user32.dll replaced with GDI.dll...help

11. DLL Initialization Failure for User32.dll

12. Entry point, user32.dll

13. IE Page Fault User32.dll